Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
Position Title: Project Assistant – Counter Trafficking
Duty Station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
Classification: General Service Staff, G5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, 01 year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: COB, July 04 2021
Reference Code: VN2021/HN/008 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall direction of the Head of Partnerships and Projects, and direct supervision of the Project Officer, the project assistant will provide support in the implementation of projects in the field of counter trafficking. S/he will be responsible for administration, supporting implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project activities in accordance with IOM guidelines and is expected to also make contribution to compiling data and research to support new project ideas and to the visibility of IOM’s work. Current project includes activities related to counter trafficking, behaviour change communication, livelihood and reintegration support.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The incumbent will assist administration, monitoring and reporting of counter-trafficking activities related to Prevention and Protection, including support to the Counter-Trafficking Network.
Project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation:
- Maintains project administrational procedures, preparing and submitting pay-lists, requests for payment, purchase requests, preparing and submitting travel authorization requests related to the project activities.
- Collects and manages all data on project implementation progress on a periodical basis following the project result matrix and other agreed internal monitoring tools.
- Travels on field work trips (TDYs) for monitoring, conferences, meetings, and presentations in all five targeted provinces.
- Support Project Officers to monitor the overall implementation of project activities, and compiles statistics and analysis for the quarterly reporting.
- Contributes to the drafting of quarterly reporting narratives through coordinating with Government and implementing partners for inputs and data, including visibility materials, communication and media materials.
Relations internal and external counterparts:
- Contributes to the design and adaptation of training materials related to trafficking data, behavioural change and communication, including direct assistance and reintegration support to victims.
- Supports capacity building and training initiatives in areas of counter trafficking with Government and implementing partners.
- Monitors and compiles statistical data and information on relevant trends/ policies in the field of migration and counter-trafficking;
- Provides support to project teams in terms of compiling data and research to support new project concept notes and proposals.
- Undertakes desk research and data collection and assist with the drafting of concept notes and proposals.
- Facilitates the work of consultants through administrative coordination;
- Travels on field work trips (TDYs) for monitoring, conferences, meetings, and presentations in provinces
- Drafts speeches and undertake informal translations and/or interpretation upon request.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Masters or Bachelor degree with 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Humanitarian Affairs, International Studies, Political Science, Law, Human Rights, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution preferred.
- Experience in projects management support and implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in migrant rights and vulnerability, counter trafficking in persons, and voluntary return and reintegration and counter migrant smuggling;
- Understanding the issue of Vietnamese VoTs and migrants in vulnerable situations in relation to the UK and from a country of origin perspective;
- Good financial management skills;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs, as well as in the region;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Word & Excel;
Required (specify the required knowledge) High level of proficiency in both Vietnamese and English. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh district or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation