Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for a qualifiedVietnamese candidate to join our Country Program.
Job title: Project Assistant
Department: Disability Program
Job band: 4
Reports to: Disability Program Manager
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
With funding support from USAID through a local prime organization, Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD), CRS entered into a partnership with ACDC, a local organization to implement the project of “Increasing inclusion and independent living for persons with disabilities in Binh Dinh and KonTum”. The objective of the project is to build social connection for persons with disabilities through a home-based care model and facilitation of independent living.
The project is expected to start from December 2021 to December 2022.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Project Assistant to the Inclusion II- Package II project of “Providing Home based care and social support to persons with disabilities” will take the key following responsibilities:
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments and external stakeholders. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, liquidation, purchase request etc.).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes.
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff, visitors and project events (training, workshops, meetings). Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Contribute to project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities by support in data collection, data quality assurance, collecting feedback from persons with disabilities, family and caregivers, prepare reports, develop own field trip monitoring report
Basic Qualifications :
- B.A. in University degree in fields relating to Public Health, Community Development and/or Social Sciences
- Two-year experience of working as project assistant of junior project officer in a development-based organization, with preference to experience in disability portfolio.
- Good in both spoken and written English
- Competent in WORD, Excel, PowerPoints, PDF and preferred skills of using ICT for virtual learning, including photo taking, using platforms for virtual training or learning.
Required Languages – Vietnamese proficiency and good level of English
Travel– The project assistant will be based in Hanoi with 50% travel to the project sites or other assigned locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Disability program team, finance team, operation team, MEAL, CM and other colleagues
External: Binh Dinh Department of Health, district health centers, ACDC and consultants (under the close supervision and facilitation of Disability Program Manager).
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Individuals interested in this job are invited to submit your applications via email to Catholic Relief Services at: email@example.com
Applications in English should include:
- Curriculum Vitae with name and contact information of three references
- Application Letter
- Copies of degrees, certificates
Deadline for submission: 18 November 2021
CRS is an equal-opportunity employer.CLICK HERE FOR JD
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International