Dharma Voices for Animals (DVA) has been active in Viet Nam since 2018. The organization is a US based nonprofit and is the only international Buddhist animal advocacy organization in the world. Our mission in Vietnam is to work with the vegetarian Buddhist monastic community to encourage people to become vegetarian. We are seeking a qualified and motivated person, Vietnamese nationality, to work in Ha Noi in the position of Assistant Director of DVA’s Vietnam Project.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DVA’S VIETNAM PROJECT.
Position type: Full time.
Location: Ha Noi-based.
Interfacing: The coordinator reports to and is supervised by a high-ranking Vietnamese Buddhist monk who is the Director of DVA’s Vietnam Project, and the President of DVA who lives in California, USA, and visits Vietnam several times each year. The President does not speak Vietnamese so the Assistant Director needs to speak and write English well.
JOB SUMMARY AND MAIN TASKS:
- Report to the Project Director in Hanoi, a high-ranking Vietnamese Buddhist monk, by phone, texts, emails, and in person, and the President of DVA in California by using Zalo.
- The main operations of the Project are in person presentations at Hanoi area Pagodas about the benefits of being vegetarian. These presentations usually attract audiences of 1,000 or more followers. The Assistant Director will schedule and organize each presentation which will include a Dharma talk by the Venerable Director or another monastic he selects, a talk by a medical doctor or other health care professional (recruited by the Assistant Director) about the health benefits of a vegetarian diet, the screening of DVA’s widely acclaimed film, a Q&A on the film, and a large vegan (plant-based) lunch at noon prepared by the cooks at each Pagoda.
- Assist the Director of Vietnam Project and President of DVA in creating a budget for presentations, including cost of food and support for participating health care professionals.
- With the help of California, USA-based Communications Director, set up a Facebook page and administer the page.
- Communicate with the media about DVA and our message that Buddhists should be vegetarian.
- Organize local meetings first in the Hanoi area, then throughout Vietnam to bring visibility to DVA and our message.
- Recruit medical doctors and other health care professionals to talk about the health benefits of a vegetarian diet.
- Identify animal-friendly organizations and establish mutually beneficial relationships with them.
- Keep financial records
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Project on a regular basis.
- Excellent skill in speaking and writing English
- Vegetarian or vegan (plant-based)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Tech skills: Proficient using a browser and with emailing. Basic data entry skills. Word, Excel, Internet
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meet deadlines, and work under pressure;
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
- An application letter (no more than two pages);
- 3 work references and contact details.
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by 24 August, 2020
The recruitment process may end sooner than 24 August, 2020 if we find an excellent candidate and fill this position.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/08/2020Save the Children
17/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
10/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020US Embassy Hanoi
17/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)
31/08/2020Center of Rural Economic Development
18/08/2020European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
07/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020Vietnam Youth Alliance
National Expert (Team Leader) for Development of Standard Operating Procedure for Providing Supports to Overseas Vietnamese Victims of Trafficking and Survivors of Violence and HarassmentUN Women Vietnam
05/08/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
08/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)