Project Assistant for Impact Med Project Team and Monitoring, Evaluation and Research TeamBackground:
The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN), a collaboration between Harvard Medical School (HMS), Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), seeks to develop capacity for high quality medical education, research and healthcare quality in Vietnam. HAIVN has been working to improve the health system in Vietnam since 2003.
HAIVN is currently implementing a USAID funded project: Improving Access, Curriculum and Teaching in Medical education and Emerging Diseases (IMPACT MED) Alliance. This project is supporting 10 universities of medicine and pharmacy across Vietnam in undertaking a comprehensive reform of their six-year undergraduate and graduate medical education curriculum into competency based medical education curriculum. HAIVN is also implementing other projects addressing HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis Prevention, Care and Treatment at the Primary Health Care level.
HAIVN is seeking a Project Assistant who is capable of supporting the implementation of the IMPACT MED project and the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and research across HAIVN’s programs.
Job Location: This position will be based in Hanoi with occasional travel to project sites around Vietnam.
The Project Assistant will support and directly report to the Impact Med Project Manager. He/she will be responsible for providing administrative and technical support to the Impact Med project team (50%) and to the M&E and Research team (50%).
For Impact Med project, he/she is expected to:
- Assist in preparation and implementation of project activities including capacity building, project review, planning from partners and reporting.
- Support in day-to-day project activities including filing, note taking at team meetings, or at meetings with partners, circulating documentation/materials, compilation of documents for meetings or project activities, development of the quarterly and monthly plans, and communication of project activities with HAIVN communications officer.
- Assist the team members in conducting on-site technical assistance visits or organizing virtual training activities. Assist in compiling documents for training and/or preparation of the activity reports or documentation.
- Support the preparation of materials/documents for project training activities and assist team members in their following up.
For the Monitoring and evaluation and Research team, he/she is expected to:
- Assist in M&E data collection, data quality assurance and reporting activities.
- Conduct relevant literature reviews, document searches and compilation of project related documents (i.e. research papers, decrees, circulars, laws, technical guidelines, treatment protocols, etc.).
- Assist in research protocol development, IRB process, data collection at sites, data cleaning and data analysis activities.
- Assist in writing and submitting manuscripts to peer review journals.
- Assist in maintaining and managing the web-based project data and research management system.
- Assist in providing training and technical assistance for partners’ M&E staff or data collectors at fields.
- Assist in monitoring and updating the Performance Indicator Reference Sheet (PIRS) annually.
- Assist in preparing annual work plans and associated budgets for M&E and research related activities.
For co-responsibilities, he/she is expected to:
- Assist in scheduling meetings, update the office calendar of project activities in the work plan.
- Assist and coordinates travel plans of international/national/team members for technical assistance to inform travel arrangements and logistics support, including flight, hotel and car booking in due course.
- Provide translation and interpretation for international team members (English-Vietnamese and vice versa).
- Undertake other secretarial/administrative tasks as required.
- Take other duties as assigned.
- Two years of professional experience at minimum in development project(s).
- University degree, degree in public health or related field preferred.
- Previous experience with an international organization and/or government agency is preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good computer and information technology skills. Having data management skills (e.g., using Power query, Power pivot, Power BI) and data analysis skills (e.g., using SPSS, Stata) arepreferred.
- Have experience on research coordination and research publications (e.g., IRB process, data collection supervision, submitting manuscripts to peer review scientific journals)
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Highly responsible, organized person with attention to details.
- Good personal communication skills to communicate and maintain contact with partners and team members.
- Able to work both independently and as team member.
- Able to work under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel within Vietnam.
- Passionate about improving the medical education system and care for HIV/AIDS/hepatitis patients in Vietnam.
Position Type: Full-Time
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Ms. Dam Thuy Huong at email@example.com no later than July 31, 2022.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN