Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
Position Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: 01 year, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 5PM, 24 October 2019
Reference Code: VN2019/HN/16 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission IOM Vietnam (COM), the direct supervision of the Head of Programme Unit and the Programme Officers, the Project Assistant assumes responsibilities in the project team related to two capacity-building projects. S/he will be responsible for implementing the projects in accordance with IOM project implementation guidelines and is expected to also make contribution to formulating initiatives, project ideas and to the visibility of IOM’s work.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support with the implementation and monitoring of project activities;
- Assist with budgeting and other financial processes related to project implementation;
- Maintain working relationships with project partners and key Government authorities;
- Support in the preparation, organization and reporting of meetings, trainings, workshops, field visits and other related project events;
- Provide formal and informal interpretation at meetings and translation of documents from Vietnamese to English (and vice versa);
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Programme Team and PO on project implementation;
- Support project development by providing ideas based on community needs and providing input to project proposal development;
- Undertake duty travel as required;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent, or higher, in social science, political science, human rights, migration, international law, etc. with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of Counter-Trafficking, Gender Based Violence and Migration would be an asset.
High level of proficiency on both oral and written communication skills in Vietnamese and English. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at www.iom.int.vn
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh district or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title no later than 24 October 2019.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW
15/12/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
29/11/2020Trường Dạy Tiếng Anh và Dạy Nghề Thăng Long
30/11/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam