PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF VIET NAM
Closing date: 30 April 2020
Duty station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Duration: 18 months
The UN Joint SDG Fund Programme (UNJP) will support Viet Nam in accelerating its transition towards an inclusive and integrated social protection (SP) system by demonstrating the potential of an (i) integrated multi-tiered social protection system (MTS) using the life-cycle approach; (ii) extended social care services system; and (iii) innovative e-service delivery system. It will accelerate the achievement of the targets established under the Government of Viet Nam (GOVN) SP related Master Plans on social insurance, social assistance and digitalizing SP service delivery and M&E system. The focus is therefore on expanding the coverage, and improving efficiency of delivery, of social insurance (SI) and social assistance (SA) services to groups insufficiently covered or at risk of being left behind.
The outcomes are:
- An integrated gender-sensitive multi-tiered expansion strategy for accelerating SDG progress towards universal social protection coverage
- Inclusive social care system for the most vulnerable for accelerating SDG progress
- Integrated e-system for delivering SP services and real-time M&E for accelerating SDG progress.
– Convening UN agencies: ILO, UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF. Each UN Agency will implement their project component.
– National Partner: Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA)
The Project Associate is recruited to work for the project component of the UNFPA Country Office, located at UNFPA in the Green One UN House in Ha Noi, Viet Nam. S/he works under the overall supervision of and reports directly to the Programme Officer on Social Protection.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
The Project Associate supports UNFPA in the implementation of the UNFPA’s component in the UNJP by providing -administrative, financial, logistical and secretarial support to, and following up on project delivery. S/he is instrumental in facilitating project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures. S/he assists, where and when needed and suitable, in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to social protection, social care issues.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Support to Project Management including Financial Management and Monitoring
- Assist the Program Officer in the preparation and implementation of project annual and quarterly workplan, in guiding routine project implementation in compliance with national execution and UNFPA policies and procedures;
- Assist the Programme Officer in coordinating the timely delivery of project results and reporting deadlines via providing monthly/periodic updates on project work plan implementation;
- Maintain an effective financial recording and reporting system and a mechanism for monitoring project budgets;
- Regularly provide accurate, up to date financial information for management purposes, including analysis of budget allocations, expenditures ceilings, general use of funds, etc.;
- Support the monitoring of project workplan delivery and performance via making use of corporately established systems and tools, providing necessary information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results; detecting potential implementation problems and proposing remedial action;
- Conduct field visits, participate in review meetings and evaluation missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports; carry out and regularly follow-up on the implementation of spotcheck and audit findings and recommendations;.
2. Administrative, Procurement, Protocol & Logistical Support
- Provide administrative and logistic support in the scheduling and organisation of appointments, meetings, workshops, events and other project activities; take minutes and/or notes as required;
- Draft routine correspondence; proofread and format support for documents and presentations; facilitate and manage information exchange and correspondence between the UNFPA CO and other UN agencies and project partners, as well as respective team members; maintain and update contact information and focal points of respective agencies and other partners;
- Conduct procurement, be responsible for protocol matters when required;
- Translate documents and act as interpreter as required;
- Maintain a project e-filing system, and follow-up system and electronic mailing lists for the project;
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Supervisor and the Country Office’s Senior Management.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Completed Secondary Level Education Required. First level university degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Finance or similar discipline desirable.
- 6 years of relevant experience in programme/project management in public or private sector.
- Knowledge in the area of Population and Development will be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Language requirements: Fluency in oral and written English and Vietnamese.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing cultural diversity
• Embracing change
• Achieving results
• Being accountable
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
• Thinking analytically and strategically
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
• Communicating for impact
• Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
• Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
• Delivering results-based programmes
• Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNFPA reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNFPA at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNFPA is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment.
Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
15/01/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)