The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam
Project Coordinator for Medical Curriculum Reform
The Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam (HAIVN), a collaboration between Harvard Medical School (HMS), Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), seeks to develop capacity for high quality medical education, research and healthcare quality in Vietnam. HAIVN has been working to improve the health system in Vietnam since 2003.
HAIVN, through a USAID funded project, Improving Access, Curriculum and Teaching in Medical education and Emerging Diseases (IMPACT MED) Alliance, is currently supporting Ho Chi Minh University of Medicine and Pharmacy (HUMP) in a comprehensive reform of their six-year undergraduate medical education curriculum.
HAIVN is currently seeking a Project Coordinator who is knowledgeable and experienced in project coordination and management and has excellent knowledge of the Vietnamese medical education system in order to support and contribute to the medical education reform process at HUMP.
Job Location: This position will be based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The Project Coordinator will support BIDMC’s Project Manager in implementing the project’s activities. He/She will be responsible for providing technical support to HCMC University of Medicine and Pharmacy (HUMP) and for providing coordination between BIDMC, Harvard Medical School (HMS) experts and IMPACT MED private sector partners, and medical universities to reform and improve medical education in Vietnam.
- Assist BIDMC leadership team and HMS Medical Education experts to provide technical support to the leadership of BIDMC’s partner medical universities in curriculum reform, through:
- Coordination and facilitation of technical support and project activities
- Assistance with preparation of faculty development teaching materials
- Participation in meetings, workshops, and training activities
- Translation and interpretation as needed
- Serve as the point of contact and liaison between HUMP and BIDMC, through
- Facilitating communication between HUMP leadership and BIDMC staff located in Hanoi, HCMC and Boston
- Providing regular updates on project activities to BIDMC leadership and technical staff.
- Initiating regular meetings between BIDMC and HUMP for the purpose of planning and implementing project activities
- Serve as the point of contact and liaison between HUMP and other UMPs for technical interchange between the UMPs and HMS.
- Plan and coordinate implementation of project activities, through
- Development and tracking of project work-plans and budgets
- Assisting BIDMC M&E team with monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Assist BIDMC Finance team to manage partner subawards including tracking and documentation of expenses
- Identification of project bottle-necks and barriers and development of potential solutions
- Ensuring timely, quality delivery on commitments, project related reports and deliverables
- Medical Doctorate from Vietnamese institution
- At least 5-years relevant experience in project management and coordination
- Master’s Degree in Public Health and/or Clinical Science is desired
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Vietnamese medical education environment and Vietnamese health system
- Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese and English
- Proficiency in standard MS Office software applications
- Able to work effectively in a complex international environment
- Passionate about improving the medical education system in Vietnam
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- A strong team player, with demonstrated ability to engage with and build consensus among team members
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and writing sample to Ms. Dam Thuy Huong at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy