OUCRU - HN
This position will be based in Nam Dinh City, and will require extensive travel within Nam Dinh, as well as some travel within Viet Nam to coordinate with our Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City units, and possibly internationally to attend conferences and workshops.
Hours of work
Full time Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
Initially for 01 years, including a 02 month probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and research approval
The Principal Investigator/Senior Epidemiologist, OUCRU Hanoi and Director of Training & Public Engagement, OUCRU-HCMC
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit, with sites offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Kathmandu in Nepal. In Vietnam, we are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU-Nepal is hosted by the Patan Academy of Health Sciences, and in Indonesia we exist in partnership with the Eijkman Institute as the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Programme (EOCRU). As a Wellcome Trust Africa Asia Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
OUCRU’s vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals where we work, and to the countries as a whole where we operate: Vietnam, Indonesia and Nepal. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Southeast Asia.
OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil.
Please see more information on OUCRU website: www.oucru.org
The main research interests for the Hanoi office are antimicrobial resistance and influenza. As part of our work on antimicrobial resistance we are partnering with the National Institute for Hygiene and Epidemiology to develop community-based interventions to change the way antibiotics are currently used, in order to reduce the emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance. We are looking for a Project Manager with experience of managing Public Health projects, and working with different communities in Vietnam.
The Project Coordinator will coordinate activities related to three ongoing large-scale studies in Nam Dinh Province around antibiotic use in communities and among farmers and healthcare workers. They will coordinate the activities of two community-randomised trials, community-based interviews, and hopistal-based Antimicrobial Stewardship interventions. They will manage a small team of researchers in the Project Office in Nam Dinh City, and 35 fieldworkers across 8 districts in Nam Dinh Province. They will manage the implementation of data collection and intervention activities for community-based and facility-based projects aiming to develop solutions to tackle overuse of antibiotics. They will take the lead in managing relationships with local partners in the Nam Dinh CDC, Department of Health and sub-Department of Animal Health, as well as in health facilities and communities.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with other members of the research teams, and will coordinate with the OUCRU Clinical Trials Unit in Hanoi, partners at the National Institute for Hygiene and Epidemiology, local governmental departments and institutes in Viet Nam, and with the other national and international organisations.
They will be personable, well-organised, enthusiastic, and highly motivated. They will be able to work independently but also be a team player.
Key responsibilities and tasks
You will be leading a team in Nam Dinh to implement intervention and research activities under the guidance/mentorship of the Senior Epidemiologist based in OUCRU Hanoi. This involves the following:
· Manage a small team based in the Project office in Nam Dinh City, as well as 35 fieldworkers across 8 districts;
· Manage supervision of data collection and facilitation of community-based participatory action research groups;
· Liaise with the Clinical Trials Unit and researchers in Hanoi to implement and report on activities;
· Develop relationships with local government organizations to facilitate implementation;
· Develop relationships with local communities, farmers, community leaders and health facilities to facilitate implementation and design of research projects;
· Run workshops and discussions with high-level stakeholders, as well as local partners, health-workers, and community-members;
· Manage the logistics of delivering training sessions for health-workers, animal health-workers and data collectors linked to current research projects on antibiotic use and resistance;
· Liaise with OUCRU scientists for input into projects;
· Travel to districts to introduce and set up activities;
· Draft reports, research papers and presentations;
· Present project activities and represent OUCRU at national and local workshops;
· Manage and administer project-specific budgets;
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications stated above, the ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced project/program manager who is passionate about improving the quality of life in their community and healtchcare settings.
· Where the applicant is unfamiliar with the job they may be required to spend time learning the fundamental aspects of this discipline.
· Other tasks requested by Line Managers
· Diploma, BSc, MSc, PhD preferably with background in community development, preventive medicine, public health/one health, natural resource management, or social science
· Experience of managing projects in communities, and desire to interact with and work with a range of local communities and healthcare workers
· Excellent communication and management skills in cross-cultural settings essential
· Diplomacy skills and evidence of working with government essential
· Project and budget management experience advantageous
· Experience managing teams and supervising others
· Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and yet be a team player
· Good spoken and written in both English, Vietnamese
· Experience with research publications and media
· Highly organized
· Energetic and creative; open to new approaches and ideas
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send curriculum vitae, application* and copies of relevant certificates by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The cover letter should detail:
- What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
- What experience have you had of working with communities?
- Names of two referees who can provide details of relevant experience
* Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application
· Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education).
· Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
· Two-month salary for annual bonus and clothes
· Annual leave 18 days/year for the first year, a maximum of 30 days.
Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission
29th April 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy