Project Director, Digital Square, Vietnam Country Program
Job Title: Project Director, Digital Square Location: Hanoi, Vietnam Department: Vietnam Country Program
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to support health care providers and communities to prevent and respond to communicable and non-communicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH’s Digital Health team works directly with national governments in low and middle-income countries to select, adapt and scale appropriate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for long term use in their country to address health challenges. Our services span the entire software development lifecycle from supporting analysis of digital health needs to the deployment and long-term use of those technologies. The Digital Health team coordinates closely with government ministries of health, the information and communication technology sector, other global health NGOs and donors to improve the governance, design, development, acquisition, implementation, and sustainability of digital health technologies and approaches.
PATH seeks a Project Director who will lead the execution of projects to integrate and strengthen country digital health systems. The Project Director will manage a distributed team and collaborate and partner with government, implementing partners and private sector. This position will be based in Hanoi.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities of the project including managing and supporting team and coordinate project work across PATH and partner staff.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and lead activities of the Digital Square project to ensure that goals, objectives and all elements of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Facilitate development of strategy, translation of strategy into action plans, overall coordination of activities and their implementation, resolution of issues, and communication of project information.
- Ensure close government involvement in and ownership of the project.
- Represent PATH/Digital Square work among stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Government of Vietnam, USAID and implementing partners and publicly represent the project and its values.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops, particularly those involving senior level stakeholders.
- Manage the planning and execution of project work, including ensuring that the work streams of multiple teams are on track, playing a key internal leadership role to ensure efficient management of donor resources, and ensuring completion of milestones.
- Monitor project indicators to determine impact. Review policies and procedures, identifying gaps and setting benchmarks to ensure effective project implementation, communication, monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare timely donor and internal reports.
- Represent the project in international forums, conferences and committees related to project’s core mission.
- Work closely with PATH team members and the donor to communicate challenges, bottlenecks, solutions and successes and generate required reports and other deliverables as needed.
- Degree in public health, health informatics, information technology, computer science, or any other related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or Project Management preferred
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in health-related projects, including minimum 5 years in senior project leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experience working closely and successfully with the public sector.
- Substantial experience in and knowledge of the health sector in Vietnam.
- Strong understanding of digital health tools and systems, health data management and use or both.
- A proven track record of building and sustaining effective partnerships with national, regional and district government at senior levels, donors, partners, and relevant project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager overseeing virtual teams composed of diverse professional staff
- Preferred experience managing technology providers and subcontractors.
- Strong track record of managing milestone-based projects to achieve strong results within budget and time constraints.
- Experience managing USAID/PEPFAR funded projects preferred, leveraging knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR processes, contracting, rules and regulations.
- Experience organizing and facilitating meetings; adept at bringing diverse opinions together to achieve consensus and drive results.
- Comfortable managing in a flexible and changing environment.
- Experienced motivator of teams, able to support the “human side” of implementations, including fostering an environment supportive of large-scale behavior changes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link or visit PATH website then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Project Management). Deadline for applications: December, 5th 2020.
18/08/2021Lawrence S. Ting Foundation
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Viện Nghiên cứu Quản lý Phát triển bền vững (MSD)
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children