About usPreferred by Nature (formerly known as NEPCon) is an international non-profit organisation working to support better land management and business practices that benefit people, nature and the climate. We do this through a unique combination of sustainability certification services, projects supporting awareness raising, and capacity building.
For more than 25 years, we have worked to develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on land use, primarily through forest, agriculture and climate impact commodities, and related sectors such as tourism and conservation. Our self-managing division promotes and delivers our sustainability certification services. Surplus from these activities supports the development and implementation of our non-profit projects. We engage in projects that develop new green solutions, conserve biodiversity or help buyers to make sustainable choices.Our projects are funded by donors, governments and companies and have supported the establishment of over 100 protected areas. To date, we have evaluated forest legality in 70 countries. We are accredited certifiers for sustainability schemes such as FSC, PEFC, SBP, RSPO, SRP, UEBT, GlobalGAP as well as Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture. We also certify to our own LegalSource™, Carbon Footprint Management and Sustainable Tourism standards.
As a subscriber to the ISEAL Alliance, we are committed to creating credible social and environmental standards. We also help develop and improve the systems we work with. We are recognised by the EU as a Monitoring Organisation under the EU Timber Regulation.
Project BackgroundThe Vietnam Sustainable Forest Management Activity (the project) will work with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests, and poor plantation management. The project will implement a “Green Prosperity” approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth. The project will work in six provinces and focus on five activities:
- Strengthening community forest management;
- Promoting conservation-friendly enterprises;
- Improving law enforcement to tackle environmental crimes;
- Enhancing the management of production forests;
- Mobilising domestic resources.
DAI is the lead partner, with NEPCon and RECOFTC as subcontractors. We aim to bring local talent and international best practices to the project that will help us build in-country technical and operational skills and strengthen community forest management well beyond the life of the programme.Enhancing the management of production forests
Preferred by Nature is responsible for delivering the fourth activity: enhancing the management of production forests. We envisage this activity to consist of the following main elements:1, Increasing the production of sustainable timber by small-scale foresters
We will convene wood production stakeholders to map potential sustainable wood production zones and implement interventions that strengthen grower groups, increase production of high-quality timber products and create replicable, scalable models.2, Increasing the demand for certified timber
We will engage with sawmills and other wood processors to catalyse aggregator-level demand for certified timber through business plan development, access to finance and support for Chain of Custody (CoC) certification.3, Developing market linkages between timber producers and industry
We will facilitate linkages between producers and buyers, alongside supporting broader market transformation for certified wood products. We will design and implement a series of interventions to enhance market opportunities for community grower groups and transform the broader market.
- Position: Vietnamese Finance Assistant
- Level of Effort: full time until project end
- Period of Performance: 01 May 2023 to project end
- Base of Operations: Viet Nam
Summary of Primary DutiesThe Project Finance and Admin Specialist will work closely with the Project Financial Manager and will be responsible for providing financial support to ensure efficient operation of the project. The position will support the financial management of the project and document all expenses as needed and reporting of expenses. Ability to effectively manage financial transactions and reporting that all financial duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner is important.
- Get approval for travel requests and support consultants in writing and submitting travel requests
- Checking invoices related to expenses of staffs and external consultants according to DAI and USAID regulations
- Support on recruitment process, support elaboration of Consultant Agreement and administrative support to project team
- Ensuring timesheets are approved and document expense reports/invoices to DAI
- Monitor time spent against workplans and budgets, report before there is risk of overspending
- Monitor payments required for STTAs and ask for payments when work is completed
- Report travel expenses to support invoices to DAI
- Review received timesheets and invoices against consultant agreement payment conditions (time limits, daily rates, max amount)
- Archive all files needed to document expenses and work by the project team
- Support and elaborate as much as possible of the monthly financial reporting to DAI (including time and travel expenses for all Preferred by Nature project staff)
- Support preparation of VAT list for VAT report/refund.
- Supporting to prepare of other project financial reports, which is assigned by the Project Finance Manage
- Other duties as assigned
Level of Effort, Location and Reporting
- Work hours: 40 hours/week
- The position’s day-to-day work is overseen by the Project Financial Manager
- Working location: office in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi.
How to apply and requested documentsInterested candidates are requested to submit:
- CV in English or Vietnamese
- Cover letter in English or Vietnamese indicating why they are suitable for this position
- Scanned copy of relevant degrees
Deadline for application: 5.00pm (Hanoi time), May 25, 2023.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi