Project Finance Officer
- Date of issue: 11-01-2021
- Duty station: Hanoi
- Country: VIET NAM
- Duty station: Vietnam Red Cross, 82 Nguyen Du, Hanoi
- Duration: 9 months
- LOE: 100%
- Category of Staff: National Staff
- Grade: To be determined
- Vacancy No: VNRC022021
The Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC) is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
VNRC seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years, the Vietnam Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
The VNRC is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, active in all 63 provinces, 705 districts and in 11,159 communes with 15,224 paid staff, 361,266 volunteers and 4,416,337 members (According to VNRC Annual Report 2017). The VNRC has strong support from the GoVN at all levels, including salaries for key personnel and operational support to the Red Cross chapters and branches. The Government has adopted the ‘Law on Red Cross Activities’ (Law No. 11/2008/QH12) valid from 1st January 2009, which defined the VNRC’s seven core area of activities: Emergency relief and humanitarian aid; Health care; First aid; Donation of blood, tissues, organs and bodies; Tracing of relatives missing in wars, natural disasters and other disasters; Dissemination on humanitarian values; Participation in disaster preparedness and response. The Law puts the VNRC in a unique position to deploy its staff and volunteers to disaster zones, to help people, to access Government funds and to raise funds from the public for DRM.
VNRC is implementing the USAID/BHA funded project “Emergency Assistance to people affected by floods, landslide and storms in Central Vietnam” to support local people in the Central coastal provinces with emergency assistance.
Based on the impact of the disaster, the identified urgent needs, and the capacity of its branches in the affected areas, VNRC is targeting the most vulnerable poor households that have been severely affected by the floods. While lost livelihood and/or houses severely damaged will be considered the most important criteria for selecting people to receive cash assistance, the following criteria will be taken into account during the process of prioritization. Four provinces are Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue.
This project seeks to deliver assistance to and support the immediate and early recovery needs of 4,700 households (14,550 people) for nine months, with a focus on the following areas of strategies of implementation: Shelter, ERMS and MPCA.
The Project Finance Officer’s overall task is responsible for the financial management, planning, and financial overview of the assigned project and ensuring approved policies, procedures of VNRC, USAID/BHA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following approval by the relating Budget Managers.
- Prepare and make electronic fund transfer, bank transfers or cheques for every approved VNRC expenditure. Liaise with banks on the payments and all related issues, including providing supporting information to banks, adding authorization signatory to banks when requested, etc…
- Maintain and improve an effective central filing and financial document filling system.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, etc.).
- Supervise the expenditure of the budget and revise as needed
- Prepare and request for Working Advance to USAID/BHA
- Provide financial support/instruction/guideline to Red Cross Chapters as required
- Address financial related issues with USAID/BHA
- Prepare regular financial reports in line with USAID/BHA requirements and standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Minimum of two years work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Knowledge of financial accounting package/ software desired.
- Red Cross Red Crescent Movement related training desired
- Work experience with RC/RC
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
· Minimum 3 years of financial, project management, and/or accounting experience within an international organization with complex donor requirements or multinational company
· Familiarity with USAID/BHA Rules & Regulations on Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures would be an asset.
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures
· You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Effective team work and project management skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Good command and use of software and/or applications on data collection and analysis.
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The Project Finance Officer will be under contract with Viet Nam Red Cross.
Vietnam Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and a cover letter containing the name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by CoB January 15, 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi