USAID CCN/TCN PSC
The United States Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Project Management Assistant in its U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
1. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO.: USAID-2021-04
2. OPENING DATE: April 02, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE: May 01, 2021, 17:00 Hanoi time
4. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All Interested candidates/All sources who are Cooperating Country National.
Cooperating country national (CCN) means an individual who is a cooperating country citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
5. POINT OF CONTACT:
Quyen Hoang, Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 ; ext. 2763 ; and Loan Nguyen, Human Resources and Travel Assistant at email@example.com ; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000; at ext. 2673.
6. POSITION TITLE: Project Management Assistant, 50003997
7. MARKET VALUE/Salary (per annum): US$ 20,075.00 – US$ 30,125.00 (FSN-09)
Added by attractive allowances, cash and non-cash benefits and incentives according to U.S. Embassy Vietnam’s Local Compensation Plan.
8. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/Length of the contract/ WORK SCHEDULE: Definite term - five years / Monday through Friday (40 hours per week).
USAID expects the services under this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of fund.
9. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/Vietnam/Ho Chi Minh City/ 8 Floor, Diamond Plaza, 34 Le Duan, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
11. BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF THE POSITION
The Project Management Assistant (Vulnerable Populations Portfolio) is located at the United Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Ho Chi Minh (HCMC), Vietnam and is assigned to support the Contracting Officer’s Representatives/Agreement Officer’s Representatives (CORs/AORs), who are primarily responsible for managing awards to support vulnerable populations, particularly persons with disabilities, for USAID/Vietnam’s Social Sector Development Office (SSDO). Within SSDO, the Activity Manager (AM) is assigned to participate in the work of the organization by supporting CORs/AORs in order to increase efficacy in meeting Vulnerable Populations Team, SSDO, USAID and USG goals and objectives. The AM’s tasks include supporting project design, budgeting, compliance, performance monitoring and evaluation, and project close-out. S/he conducts a variety of complex research, analysis and reporting, and supports internal cross-cutting efforts and external coordination with USG and GVN stakeholders and implementing partners (IP). S/he may be asked to directly respond to non-technical questions and provide advice and opinions on technical matters related to Disability programs to the AOR/CORs for final decision. Work includes a variety of research, reporting, communication, monitoring and analytical duties and coordinating work with COR/AORs, the SSDO Director or his/her designees, other USAID mission offices, inter-agency contacts and host country government and non-government counterparts.
12. MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’ Degree in Health, Development, Business Administration, or Social Sciences is required.
Prior Work Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of specific and progressively more responsible experience in a similar position providing support for programs management in one of the following sectors: health, education, social services, vulnerable populations including persons with disabilities in an international, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), or donor organization, or equivalent work with a host government entity is required. A minimum of 3 years of experience should include project monitoring, budgeting, analysis, evaluation and presentation of project information.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Vietnamese is required (this will be tested).
Job Knowledge: Must have: Demonstrated knowledge of project management, including specific areas such as monitoring and evaluation (M&E), budget processes, financial management, reporting and professional correspondence. Familiarity with issues related to the social service sector in Vietnam, particularly for vulnerable or marginalized populations.
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to:
- Analytical, technical and project management skills to review and provide feedback on concept papers, proposals, program descriptions/scopes of work, performance reports, and other technical and programmatic documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts (Vietnamese and International)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to deal effectively and efficiently with others in a professional setting are required. Ability to work independently and perform at a high level with minimum supervision.
- Ability to learn and use office software such as Microsoft Office Suit, Google Applications and Agency specific software, web-based databases related to the work is required.
- Self-motivation and strong work ethics are required.
12. EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
A Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) will be set up to manage the whole evaluation and selection processes. Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above including education, prior work experiences and language. Eligible candidates will be given an English test. Those candidates who meet the English requirement (Level IV) will be invited for the subject matter expertise test (SME test) and the top performers from the SME test will be called for an interview. The SME test and the interview will be structured around the selection criteria above. Professional reference checks will be conducted once the pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s).
In summary, the steps in the Candidates rating system are as follows:
- Meet education/experience requirements: Pass/fail
- Language requirements: Pass/ Fail
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) test: Top 5 scoring candidates from SME test will be invited for interview
- Professional Reference Checks: Pass/Fail
At the final selection round, the TEC may consider the performance from all selection round as a whole package to ensure the best matching profile (relevant education, relevant experience in donor agency/development sector, in programs management in one of the following sectors: health, education, social services, vulnerable populations including persons with disabilities. Years of Experience in project monitoring and/or budgeting, analysis, evaluation and presentation of project information…)
13. HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
- Offerors/ Candidates are required to complete and submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Website of the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam below, Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of degrees to support the position’s educational requirement. https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2019-07-Updated-DS1...
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section 3 and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section 5.
- To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Applicants must prominently reference the Job Announcement number in the submission.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
14. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a CCNPSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances in accordance with United States Mission Vietnam ‘s Local Compensation Plan and regulations:
- One-month basic salary Tet Bonus
- Contribution to mandatory insurances pursuant to GVN’s law/ regulations including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Coverage of additional health insurance 90% for incumbent and each eligible family member
- Annual and sick leave according to local labor law
- Mission cash award (semi-annual/ annual) and On-the-Spot award for high performers
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources (USAID University and Foreign Services Institute).
16. ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
- Unique Condition Work allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (upon annual review).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
17. ADDITIONAL SELECTION AND APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- The Contracting Officer will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, funds availability and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees identified as an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Performance Evaluation Report are not eligible to apply.
- All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background/security investigation and a medical certification. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary certifications.
- All applicants must be a naturalized citizen of the host country or must have the required work permit or documentation that permits the applicant to work legally in the country in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Please clearly indicate in your application, the title of the position you are applying for. Any application that does not specify the position applied for will NOT be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date and time of the announcement will NOT be considered.
- The application must contain all information necessary to demonstrate that the candidate possesses the education, experience, skills and language abilities required for this position.
- Applicants who fail to meet requirements for the position will be disqualified.
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people regardless of to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital or parental status, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, political affiliation, involvement in protected EEO activity, or other non-merit factor. The Mission also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)