The United States Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position ofProject Management Specialist (Energy and Pollution Reduction) in its U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
1. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO.:USAID-2021-08
2. OPENING DATE: June 21, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE: July 21, 2021, 17:00 Hanoi time
4. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All Interested candidates/All sources who are Cooperating Country National)
Cooperating country national (CCN) means an individual who is a cooperating country citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
5. POINT OF CONTACT:
Quyen Hoang, Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 ; ext. 2763 ; and Loan Nguyen, Human Resources and Travel Assistant at email@example.com; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000; at ext. 2673.
6. POSITION TITLE: Project Management Specialist (Energy and Pollution Reduction), 30000815
7. MARKET VALUE/BASE SALARY (per annum): US$ 32,908.00 – US$ 49,380.00 (FSN-11)
Added by attractive allowances, cash and non-cash benefits and incentives according to U.S. Embassy Vietnam’s Local Compensation Plan.
8. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/Length of the contract/ WORK SCHEDULE: Definite term - five years / Monday through Friday (40 hours per week).
USAID expects the services under this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of fund.
9. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
USAID/Vietnam, 15th floor, Tung Shing Building, No. 2 Ngo Quyen street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
11. BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF THE POSITION
The USAID Project Management Specialist (Energy and Pollution Reduction) is located in the Environment and Energy Office (OEE), The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Mission Vietnam in Hanoi. The incumbent will offer technical expertise for USAID/Vietnam’s energy programming and pollution reduction efforts. S/he will manage activities that support Vietnam’s transition to a clean, secure, and market-based energy system, reduced environmental pollution, and increased climate change adaptation and resilience.
The incumbent will work to increase the deployment of advanced energy systems, promote increased investment in clean energy, and improve national legislation and stakeholder engagement for innovative energy solutions. S/he will also support efforts to reduce environmental pollution and mitigate urban environmental issues, with emphasis on strengthening the capacity of local organizations to improve environmental security. S/he is an expert in one or more of the following areas: clean energy development; pollution and solid waste management; governance; program administration, management, and design. Related to clean energy and pollution reduction, s/he will develop and improve organizational systems and policies that meet rigorous standards, including United States Government (USG) requirements. S/he will contribute to the OEE’s efforts to improve Vietnam’s energy security and reduce pollution through collective action approaches.
12. MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’ degree in energy, environmental science, engineering, industrial management, public health, or social sciences is required.
Prior Work Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the energy or environment sectors with experience supporting organizational development, development program management, public health, pollution reduction, and/or environmental systems development in a developing country context is required. At least two years’ experience in a development-oriented workplace such as: USAID, donor agencies, GVN, private-sector institutions or other related organization is required.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Vietnamese is required (this will be tested).
Job Knowledge: The Specialist must have:
- In-depth professional-level knowledge in one or more of the following areas: governance; administration; human resources; financial management; organizational management; and project management.
- Strong knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of climate change, energy security and the deployment of advanced energy systems specifically and environmental programming generally.
- Good understanding of the organizational development and capacity strengthening of local organizations
- demonstrated knowledge of the overall environmental sector context and the key aspects of U.S. Government foreign assistance to Vietnam.
- Good knowledge of project development, design, management, performance monitoring, and reporting.
- General knowledge of the Vietnamese environmental: economic, political, social and cultural characteristics and the GVN’s environmental priorities, policies, procedures, and contacts (official and non-governmental) in the areas of energy and pollution related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire extensive and detailed knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and compliance issues as they pertain to acquisition and assistance awards to implementing partners.
Skills and Abilities: The Specialist must have:
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to be able to quickly grasp and translate new concepts into operational plans and results.
- Outstanding ability to exercise flexibility to accept and react to evolving planning and implementation contexts.
- Initiative and leadership in reviewing the progress of programs and projects under his/her responsibility, including performance reports, pipeline management, program implementation reviews, as well as fulfilling other USAID and USG reporting requirements.
- Demonstration of timely decision-making ability and extensive judgment in planning and carrying out tasks, using diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with USG, national and international working partners at all levels, local organizations, energy developers, private sector partners, and other program partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders including wide range of development partners, including multilateral and bilateral donors as well as the private sector in a professional setting.
- Ability to learn and use office software such as Microsoft Office, Google Applications and Agency specific software related to the work.
- Self-motivation and strong work ethics.??
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
13. EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
A Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) will be set up to manage the whole evaluation and selection processes. Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above including education, prior work experiences and language. Eligible candidates will be given an English test. Those candidates who meet the English requirement (Level IV) will be invited for the subject matter expertise test (SME test) and the top performers from the SME test will be called for an interview. The SME test and the interview will be structured around the selection criteria above. Professional reference checks will be conducted once the pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s).
In summary, the steps in the Candidates rating system are as follows:
- Meet education/experience requirements: Pass/fail
- Language requirements: Pass/ Fail
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) test: Top scoring candidates from SME test will be invited for interview
- Professional Reference Checks: Pass/Fail
At the final selection round, the TEC may consider the performance from all selection round as a whole package to ensure the best matching profile (relevant experience in the energy, environment sector, public health, pollution reduction, program/project design, implementation and management in/with a developing country, donor agency, GVN, non-governmental organization, private sector or other development oriented workplace.
Only final-round candidates will be notified of the selection result.
14. HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
- Offerors/ Candidates are required to complete and submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Website of the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam below, Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of degrees to support the position’s educational requirement. (LINK)
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section 3 and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section 5.
- To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Applicants must prominently reference the Job Announcement number in the submission.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
15. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a CCNPSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances in accordance with United States Mission Vietnam ‘s Local Compensation Plan and regulations:
- One-month basic salary Tet Bonus
- Contribution to mandatory insurances pursuant to GVN’s law/ regulations including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Coverage of additional health insurance 90% for incumbent and each eligible family member
- Annual and sick leave according to local labor law
- Mission cash award (semi-annual/ annual) and On-the-Spot award for high performers
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources (USAID University and Foreign Services Institute).
2. ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
- Unique Condition Work allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (upon annual review for the whole Mission).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
16. ADDITIONAL SELECTION AND APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- The Contracting Officer will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, funds availability and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees identified as under Merit-Based Compensation’s Performance Improvement Plan on their most recent Performance Evaluation Report are not eligible to apply.
- All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background/security investigation and a medical certification. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary certifications.
- All applicants must be a naturalized citizen of the host country or must have the required work permit or documentation that permits the applicant to work legally in the country in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Please clearly indicate in your application, the title of the position you are applying for. Any application that does not specify the position applied for will NOT be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date and time of the announcement will NOT be considered.
- The application must contain all information necessary to demonstrate that the candidate possesses the education, experience, skills and language abilities required for this position.
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people regardless of to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital or parental status, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, political affiliation, involvement in protected EEO activity, or other non-merit factor. The Mission also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam