USAID CCN/TCN PSC (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
The United States Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Project Management Specialist (Health Information Systems) in its U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
1. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO.:USAID-2021-01 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
2. OPENING DATE: March 31, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE: April 21, 2021, 17:00 Hanoi time
4. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All Interested candidates/All sources who are Cooperating Country National)
Cooperating country national (CCN) means an individual who is a cooperating country citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
5. POINT OF CONTACT:
Quyen Hoang, Human Resources Specialist at email@example.com; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 ; ext. 2763 ; and Loan Nguyen, Human Resources and Travel Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000; at ext. 2673.
6. POSITION TITLE: Project Management Specialist (Health Information Systems), VN-031
7. MARKET VALUE/Salary (per annum): US$ 24,500.00 – US$36,739.00 (FSN-10)
Added by attractive allowances, cash and non-cash benefits, cash incentives according to U.S. Embassy Vietnam’s Local Compensation Plan.
8. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/Length of the contract/ WORK SCHEDULE: Definite term - five years / Monday through Friday (40 hours per week).
USAID expects the services under this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of fund.
9. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
USAID/Vietnam, Office of Health, 6th floor, Tung Shing Building, No. 2 Ngo Quyen street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
11. BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF THE POSITION
The Project Management Specialist (Health Information Systems) position is located in the Office of Health (OH), The United Agency for International Development (USAID), Mission Vietnam in Hanoi. This position will report to the Strategic Information (SI) Team Lead and will monitor, guide, and ensure the successful rolling out of our health information system (HIS) strategy and activity implementation. The incumbent will work with Health Information System (HIS) implementing mechanisms (IMs) related to public health response (PHR), case-based surveillance (CBS), and program quality monitoring (PQM) to coordinate the inter-relationship of their activities and US.CDC-supported activities.
The incumbent will support the Office of Health to monitor and assess HIS partners’ performance to ensure the optimization of their systems, processes, and technologies. S/he will act as a technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, HIV healthcare semantics, informatics, and multiple platforms. The incumbent will work with the national government, implementing partners (IPs), and clinical, community, and HIS partners to improve HIS integration and use at the site, provincial, and central level.
12. MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Education: Possession of a University bachelor’s Degree in a field related to computer sciences, management information systems (MIS), public health or social science is required.
Prior Work Experience: At least five (5) years of professional experience in supporting technical design, development, implementation, and maintenance of health information systems in Vietnam.
Language Proficiency: Must have:
- Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English (this will be tested).
- Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese.
Job Knowledge: Must have:
- Knowledge of health information technology and public health IT standards including, semantic, exchange, privacy/security, etc. and applications, including EMRs, laboratory information systems (LIS), DHIS2, Open HIE, and others
- Knowledge and experience with applying general software development lifecycle (SDLC) and project management best practices methodologies, i.e. Agile, PRINCE2, RUP, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with common relational databases, i.e. SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc., and a basic understanding of extracting, transferring, and transforming data (ETL).
- Knowledge of and experience with PEPFAR HIV and M&E data.
Skills and Abilities: Must have:
- Ability to plan, organize and execute complex HIS activities, including the ability to provide technical leadership and apply this ability to programming in Vietnam.
- Ability to issue precise and accurate factual reports using rigorous analytical and interpretive skills.
- Excellent communication skills both writing and speaking, especially in being able to communicate technical subjects to individuals with nontechnical background.
- Ability to respond professionally and adjust in fluid situations in order to meet deadlines in the face of competing priorities and time pressures.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with USG, Ministry of Health, national and international working partners at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders including wide range of development partners, including multilateral and bilateral donors as well as the private sector in a professional setting.
- Ability to learn and use office software such as Microsoft Office, Google Applications and Agency specific software related to the work.
- Self-motivation and strong work ethics.??
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
13. EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
A Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) will be set up to manage the whole evaluation and selection processes. Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above including education, prior work experiences and language. Eligible candidates will be given an English test. Those candidates who meet the English requirement (Level IV) will be invited for the subject matter expertise test (SME test) and the top performers from the SME test will be called for an interview. The SME test and the interview will be structured around the selection criteria above. Professional reference checks will be conducted once the pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s).
In summary, the steps in the Candidates rating system are as follows:
- Meet education/experience requirements: Pass/fail
- Language requirements: Pass/ Fail
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) test: Top scoring candidates from SME test will be invited for interview
- Professional Reference Checks: Pass/Fail
At the final selection round, the TEC may consider the performance from all selection round as a whole package to ensure the best matching profile (relevant experience in development sector/ donor organizations, supporting technical design, development, implementation, and maintenance of health information systems in Vietnam…).
Only final-round candidates will be notified of the selection result.
14. HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
- Offerors/ Candidates are required to complete and submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Website of the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam below, Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of degrees to support the position’s educational requirement.
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section 3 and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section 5.
- To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Applicants must prominently reference the Job Announcement number in the submission.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
15. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a CCNPSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances in accordance with United States Mission Vietnam ‘s Local Compensation Plan and regulations:
- One-month basic salary Tet Bonus
- Contribution to mandatory insurances pursuant to GVN’s law/ regulations including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Coverage of additional health insurance 90% for incumbent and each eligible family member
- Annual and sick leave according to local labor law
- Mission cash award (semi-annual/ annual) and On-the-Spot award for high performers
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources (USAID University and Foreign Services Institute).
- ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
- Unique Condition Work allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (upon annual review).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
16. ADDITIONAL SELECTION AND APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- The Contracting Officer will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, funds availability and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees identified as an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Performance Evaluation Report are not eligible to apply.
- All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background/security investigation and a medical certification. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary certifications.
- All applicants must be a naturalized citizen of the host country or must have the required work permit or documentation that permits the applicant to work legally in the country in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Please clearly indicate in your application, the title of the position you are applying for. Any application that does not specify the position applied for will NOT be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date and time of the announcement will NOT be considered.
- The application must contain all information necessary to demonstrate that the candidate possesses the education, experience, skills and language abilities required for this position.
- Applicants who fail to meet requirements for the position will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or sexual orientation. The Mission also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)