USAID CCN/TCN PSC
The United States Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Project Management Specialist (Community Response and Private Engagement Team Lead ) in its U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
1. Vacancy Announcement No.:USAID-2020-05
2. Opening Date: October 28, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE: November 18, 2020, 17:00 Hanoi time
4. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All Interested candidates/All sources who are Cooperating Country National)
Cooperating country national (CCN) means an individual who is a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
5. POINT OF CONTACT:
Quyen Hoang, Human Resources Specialist at email@example.com; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 ; ext. 2763 ; and Loan Nguyen, Human Resources and Travel Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000; at ext. 2673.
6. POSITION TITLE: Project Management Specialist (Community Response and Private Engagement Team Lead), VN-015
7. MARKET VALUE/Salary (per annum): US$ 43,520.00 – US$65,274.00 (FSN-12)
Added by attractive allowances, cash and non-cash benefits, cash incentives according to U.S. Embassy Vietnam’s Local Compensation Plan.
8. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/Length of the contract/ WORK SCHEDULE: Definite term – five years / Monday through Friday (40 hours per week).
USAID expects the services under this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of fund.
9. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
USAID/Vietnam, 15th floor, Tung Shing Building, No. 2 Ngo Quyen street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
11. BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF THE POSITION
The Project Management Specialist (Community Response and Private Sector Team Lead) is located at the Office of Health (OH), the United Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam. The incumbent serves as a key member of the Health Office and plays a leadership role on both the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) interagency steering committee and the PEPFAR interagency prevention and care and treatment technical working groups. S/he coordinates the five PEPFAR agencies, negotiates in developing positions and mitigating conflict, as well as delivers high level presentations to the Ambassador and Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC). S/he leads the design, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of agency-funded HIV activities within the community and private sector, and serves as the primary focal point for USAID on HIV community and private sector activities with a broad range of external stakeholders, including host-country government ministries, civil-society partners, and other donors.
As the Team Lead of the Community Response and Private Sector, the incumbent is responsible for the overall strategic direction and management of USAID’s investments in the community and private sector HIV responses, mentoring and leading with regard to the development and work products of the project management specialists in prevention, care and treatment and tuberculosis (TB). S/he coordinates funding, reporting, and administration with the Office of Acquisition and Assistance and the Office of Financial Management to assure projects are conducted and United States Government (USG) funds are appropriately used. Leveraging the lessons learned from the HIV portfolio, the incumbent provides technical support for community and private sector engagement in TB activities.
The incumbent has a leadership role in representing USAID to the Ministry of Health and engaging with key stakeholders including the Government of Vietnam (GVN), other international donors, civil society organizations and Community Based Organization (CBO) umbrella networks, and community involved in HIV and TB control.
12. MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Education: Possession of an advanced Degree (Masters, PHD, or MD) in medicine, health sciences, public health, nursing, health policy, public administration and management, biology or social sciences is required.
Prior Work Experience: Eight years of mid-to-senior level public health experience in developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS Prevention or other public health programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required.
Language Proficiency: Must have:
- Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English (this will be tested).
- Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese.
Job Knowledge: A comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment and support programs is required. Knowledge and understanding of the Vietnamese Health Systems and the appropriate government and non-government entities is critical to the successful performance of the duties assigned to this position and therefore, required. In addition, the incumbent should have a good understanding of education on sexual health and human rights as well as policy and advocacy issues.
Skills and Abilities: Must have:
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches. This includes the development of evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports.
- Ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners. The job holder will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different settings, as the work is highly complex and can be threatening to stakeholders.
- Ability to provide technical leadership for project planning; and, apply this knowledge to advanced programming in the host country and the region, strong skills with interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation of data.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to deal effectively and efficiently with others in a professional setting.
- Ability to learn and use office software such as Microsoft Office Suit, Google Applications and Agency specific software related to the work.
- Self-motivation and strong work ethics.
13. EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
A Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) will be set up to manage the whole evaluation and selection processes. Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above including education, prior work experiences and language. Eligible candidates will be given an English test. Those candidates who meet the English requirement (Level IV) will be invited for the subject matter expertise test (SME test) and the top performers from the SME test will be called for an interview. The SME test and the interview will be structured around the selection criteria above. Professional reference checks will be conducted once the pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s).
In summary, the steps in the Candidates rating system are as follows:
a) Meet education/experience requirements: Pass/fail
b) Language requirements: Pass/ Fail
c) Subject Matter Expertise (SME) test: Top scoring candidates from SME test will be invited for interview
d) Professional Reference Checks: Pass/Fail
At the final selection round, the TEC may consider the performance from all selection round as a whole package to ensure the best matching profile (relevant experience in strategic management, coordination, technical leadership role, developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS Prevention or other public health programs, development sector, donor organizations …). Only final-round candidates will be notified of the selection result.
14. HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
- Offerors/ Candidates are required to complete and submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Website of the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam below, Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of degrees to support the position’s educational requirement.
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section 3 and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section 5.
- To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Applicants must prominently reference the Job Announcement number in the submission.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
15. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a CCNPSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances in accordance with United States Mission Vietnam ‘s Local Compensation Plan and regulations:
- One-month basic salary Tet Bonus
- Contribution to mandatory insurances pursuant to GVN’s law/ regulations including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Full coverage of additional health insurance for incumbent and 50% for each eligible family member
- Annual and sick leave according to local labor law
- Mission cash award (semi-annual/ annual) and On-the-Spot award for high performers
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources (USAID University and Foreign Services Institute).
2. ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
- Unique Condition Work allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (upon annual review).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
16. ADDITIONAL SELECTION AND APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- The Contracting Officer will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, funds availability and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees identified as an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Performance Evaluation Report are not eligible to apply.
- All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background/security investigation and a medical certification. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary certifications.
- All applicants must be a naturalized citizen of the host country or must have the required work permit or documentation that permits the applicant to work legally in the country in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Please clearly indicate in your application, the title of the position you are applying for. Any application that does not specify the position applied for will NOT be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date and time of the announcement will NOT be considered.
- The application must contain all information necessary to demonstrate that the candidate possesses the education, experience, skills and language abilities required for this position.
- Applicants who fail to meet requirements for the position will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Mission also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)