Title: Project Manager
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume in one document describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions— including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is implementing the project Leveraging data and frontier technologies to build a non-communicable disease (NCD) program for youth, with youth, leveraging data and frontier technologies to support the education and training sector in Vietnam to establish, implement, and execute an educational program on healthy behaviors and lifestyles to prevent NCDs.
PATH is seeking a Project Manager to take the lead in the management and implementation of the project. The Project Manager will report to NCD Program Director and work closely with PATH NCD technical team to execute high quality management of programming implementation. Our partners include but are not limited to the Ministry of Education and training (MoET), provincial departments of education and training (DoETs), other provincial partners and schools, frontier technology partners, private sector, and other relevant international/national agencies.
- Lead in management of planning, development, and implementation of project activities.
- Lead and oversee the monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure that evidence is gathered and milestones and deliverables are met.
- Lead the preparation of donor reports and manuscripts that relate to findings from team activities.
- Collaborate with MoET and provincial DoET officials, schools, and youth groups/associations/bodies on the project design, implementation, and monitoring activities.
- Lead the development of technical guidance/documents/training curriculum for school-based NCD program for youth, specifically the educational program for healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
- Manage and work closely with frontier IT company/companies and relevant partners to develop, test, implement, and evaluate technology solutions for the educational program on healthy behaviors and lifestyles related to NCDs.
- Facilitate and support project roll out in a timely manner to ensure implementation, monitoring and supportive supervision of project activities. This includes developing and implementing a detailed quarterly work plan and budget that aligns with the annual project work plan and budget.
- Work closely with the Program Director and Project Financial Analysis and Administrative Manager to ensure sub-agreements, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts are developed and approved in a timely manner; and financial management is compliant with donor and PATH regulations and monitor expenditure trends.
- Work closely with the Technical team, IT staff, and project partners to identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of work plan activities.
- Serve as the focal point for the project, represent PATH in meetings and communications, and build, develop, and maintain relationships with local key stakeholders and other organizations in project-related activities.
- Serve as a technical specialist to strengthen PATH’s NCD program portfolio in Vietnam and the South East Asia Region.
- Support with other project- and NCD-related tasks and activities that may arise during the course of the project.
Required skills and experience:
- Education and/or public health professional with advanced degree or relevant background.
- Knowledge of frontier technologies (for example artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual/digital platforms) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in NCDs, public health informatics, and/or educational program, or other relevant public health promotion and other educational topics.
- Understanding of the Vietnam educational system and implementation of educational health programs in both healthcare and education settings.
- Understanding of school-based health promotion program for youth approaches in Vietnam context preferred.
- Experience working effectively with government agencies, and private sector counterparts, especially with MoET and IT partners.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural team.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30 percent.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Asia/Project Management). Deadline for applications: January 10, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/02/2021USAID LinkSME Project
03/02/2021Center for Rural Economy Development