TERMS AND CONDITIONSJob type: Full-time Starting date: As soon as possible Duration: Three years fixed term contract with option to extend (project ends in June 2025) Location: Dong Hoi City, Quang Binh Province Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Salary: From US$1,500 to US$1,800 gross per month (13 months/year) Reporting to: FFI Country Programme Manager, Vietnam Programme (line manager) & WWF DCOP BCA Project (technical supervisor) Line Manager of: Project Technical Coordinator – Protected Areas; Project Technical Coordinator – Law Enforcement; Project Technical Coordinator – Demand Reduction; Project Finance and Admin Officer Key Internal Relationships: Country Director; Country Programme Manager; Finance Manager; Technical Advisors (Biodiversity and Protected Area & Law Enforcement); Cross-cutting staff (Vietnam and UK) Working with: The Project Manager will routinely liaise with Provincial government agencies, District and Commune government agencies, local communities and community-based organisations, and partner INGOs/NGOs, representing the values and interests of FFI at all times.
PURPOSEThe purpose of this Project Manager position is a full-time position to oversee project implementation in Quang Binh focussing on three key areas of work mentioned above, acts as the focal point of the BCA program in the province to support the daily coordination of all BCA activities implemented in the target areas. The manager will ensure sound operational and financial management and compliance with internal policies and procedures, contracts/grant agreements and relevant statutory and regulatory frameworks. Tasks include management, coordination and technical leadership of the project in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park.
THE ROLEThe role will be filled by a senior career project manager. This position will be working in close collaboration with the Provincial Project Management Unit (PPMU), the WWF Deputy Chief of Party, FFI Vietnam Programme senior management and technical staff, implementing partners and other stakeholders in the province to manage, plan, and implement project activities. The position requires direct line management of project technical advisors to ensure effective planning and implementation of projects, ensuring that deliverables are completed to standard and in a timely fashion. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in project management, ideally in the special use forest management and conservation field, with strong financial management, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Relevant experience of environmental protection and/or wildlife conservation, are very much desirable, but not essential. The successful candidate will also have experience of community development, law enforcement, community outreach and education, or similar ‘people-orientated’ work.
MAIN DUTIESUnder the supervision of the Country Programme Manager, working in close collaboration and coordination with the Finance Manager, liaising closely with the Technical Advisors, Biodiversity/Technical team, project staff, and where appropriate the Country Director, manage project operation in Quang Binh, with the following duties: Operational Management
- Act as the Biodiversity Conservation program’s focal point and liaison between the project team and the local partners;
- Lead and be responsible for all narrative/technical reporting requirements;
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration among provincial partners for effective and efficient implementation of activities;
- Assist with approvals needed for local operations and implementation of the province work plan;
- Assist with approval of visits and missions of international and national staff working on BCA activities, and support their works/travel within the province;
- Ensure robust monitoring and supervision of project activities in the province, and update FFI Hanoi and PPMU for timely action as needed;
- Support PPMU to coordinate effective development of annual work plans;
- Monitor and report to provincial authorities and to project management on the progress and challenges of all provincial-level project activities;
- Support PPMU to prepare and submit regular updates and progress report of activities to local Authority, CPMU and other designated organizations in the province;
- Ensure all administration & financial works at the province office are compliant with policies and procedures;
- Ensure all reports completed/sent to provincial authorities as and when required;
- Provide strong and motivational line management to project team members through objective setting, continuous performance management, annual appraisals, training provision and personal development planning to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the programme;
- Support project team members to ensure they understand and are aligned with the strategy of FFI in Vietnam and FFI as a global institution;
- Convene project team members on a regular basis to advise the Country Director / Country Programme Manager on operational matters and outputs;
- Support project team members to ensure work plans are in place, to meet project aims, objectives and timelines, and ensure that project activities are implemented in line with work plans and within budget and ensure alignment between staff workplans, budgets and deliverables as per donor requirements, and coordination of project team members;
- Lead the implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation of project, ensuring timely adaptation as required to meet project aims, objectives and timelines, and support the dissemination of lessons learned;
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the Line Manager, and also the DCOP (with approval from FFI);
- Ensure compliance with institutional Health & Safety policies and procedures and Area Risk Assessments to manage and minimise risk within the FFI – Vietnam Country Programme procedures, and ensure that operations are conducted to a high standard of health, safety, welfare, environmental good practice and cultural sensitivity.
- With the support of the FFI Finance Manager in Vietnam, ensure that for project budget is managed, that is: Accurate financial management; Compliance with internal financial policies and procedures; Compliance with contracts and grant agreements, including co-financing and procurement requirements.
- Manage donor budget for project in Quang Binh, ensuring that spending is cost-effective, compliant with institutional and donor requirements and compliant with Vietnam laws. Spending must align with stated project objectives and facilitate effective conservation actions, in line with the deliverables enshrined in the (all) project documents (donor grant agreements or contracts);
- Review advance requests and acquittals for project team members in accordance with FFI financial procedures, ensuring that these are appropriately costed, budgets are available and costs are attributable to the donor;
- Work with the Finance staff and Country Programme Manager to produce financial donor and institutional finance reports. Be aware of donor grant agreement to ensure financial management is in alignment with spending.
- Provide technical/advisory input on project planning and actions, furthering FFI’s efforts to conserve biodiversity – and to include / support to: setting priorities, project design, development, implementation and monitoring;
- Provide technical advice as required to partner organisations and individual community-based initiatives;
- Work with senior management team to ensure there is timely and accurate technical donor and institutional reporting for project managed by this position;
- Coordinate interventions that improve management of national park, improve functionality of law enforcement systems for forest and wildlife crimes; and reduce local demand on wildlife products;
- Oversee the collection of SMART data, as part of protected area/forest and species monitoring;
- Support national park management/managers and (where appropriate) the development and/or implementation of improved special use forest management interventions;
- Lead the planning and coordination of research activities (related to forest/habitat, key species, local livelihoods etc.);
- Co-develop community development/livelihood activities and community education / outreach plans and materials, and lead on implementation;
- Coordinate and support implementation of our local/community conservation education work, including support to other FFI project sites.
- Together with the PPMU ensure smooth implementation of all activities in the province – including the organization and facilitation of technical meetings, workshops, training and other activities in the field.
- Proactively identify, develop and nurture relationships and partnerships with third parties, including local government agencies, local communities and community-based organisations, partner NGOs etc;
- Ensure meaningful consultation with appropriate stakeholders in the development and implementation of biodiversity work at the aforementioned sites;
- Liaise with government counterparts (of project), building effective working relationships, to ensure the delivery of FFI Vietnam’s objectives and to ensure that FFI Vietnam’s work is aligned with government policy;
- Build and maintain links and communications with relevant government agencies responsible for development of policy related to conservation in Vietnam.
- Where requested by the Country Programme Manager, represent FFI Vietnam at various national and international fora to showcase the programme’s work, network and develop opportunities;
- Represent the project elements of the FFI Vietnam Country Programme, developing its profile and promoting its work to third parties, including government agencies, communities, INGOs/NGOs, for-profit entities, academic institutions, funders and donors, and media;
- Represent FFI at key fora, including consultations, negotiations, meetings, workshops and briefings
- Bring to the attention of the Country Programme Manager /Country Director any news worthy events, outcomes or stories arising within the country programme;
- Provide regular information/updates and materials to support the creation of communication outputs (website, blogs, social media, etc.) to the Country Director and communication staff (VN and/or UK).Programme Development
- In collaboration with the Country Director and Country Programme Manager, input to project concepts and funding proposals, in line with approved strategic plans and FFI’s project cycle;
- Work with the Finance team to ensure accurate budgeting, staff and overhead charging and cost recovery in funding proposals and resulting contracts and grant agreements;
- Help senior managers to develop and nurture relationships with prospective and existing funders and donors, and hosting donor visits as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate in forestry, natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, or in relevant fields;
- Qualification in project management/coordination; working experience with USAID-funded and FFI or WWF projects is an asset;
- More than 5-year working experience in the field of conservation or forestry in Vietnam, with a preference for more than 10 years’ experience;
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Vietnam and in the project provinces, including specific experience working in Quang Binh;
- Thorough understanding of Protected Areas in Vietnam, including constraints, challenges and opportunities, relating to management, accountability, financing, enforcement, wildlife trade issues, monitoring, community participation and potential for collaboration of protected area management;
- A very good understanding of the ecologically and biodiversity of the Annamites (Truong Son), including key and endemic species, historic conservation interventions, current initiatives and priority conservation interventions;
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and the government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not-for-profit sector in the region;
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships with partners, both with governmental and international relations;
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and with international organizations. REQUIRED SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- Excellent presentation, communication & interpersonal skills;
- Good leadership, coaching and capacity building/development skills;
- Strong ability to work in complex teams and under matrix management structures;
- Good quality assurance and adaptive management skills;
- Strong team and project management experience, including workplanning;
- Good time management and finance management skills;
- Strategic thinking; excellent problem solving skills and decision making;
- Influencing & Networking skills;
- Report writing skills;
- M&E skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrating FFI behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly;
- To adhere to FFI values, which are: We act with integrity; We are collaborative; We are committed; We are supportive & respectful; We get things done.
HOW TO APPLYInterested candidates are invited to send a letter and CV to Ms. Le Hong Viet via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviewing. Please refer to this link for more details. FFI is an equal opportunities employer. For more information about FFI, please visit https://www.fauna-flora.org Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)