Project manager - Rehabilitation project consultancy
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 May 2021
Position type: Consultancy
Division/Equivalent: Amman (MENA)
Department/Office: Beirut, Lebanon
Categories: Consultancy, Programme Management
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
For every child, Rehabilitation
Following Beirut Port explosion on 4 August severe impact was on health sector. According to WHO reports, impacts on health infrastructure include three hospitals rendered non-functional, three substantially damaged, 500 hospital bed equivalents lost, and many primary care facilities damaged.
Quarantina Hospital is the only public hospital located in northern Beirut, a few hundred meters from Beirut port, in a highly populated suburb.
UNICEF engaged with the MoPH and the Council for Development and Reconstruction (CDR) to plan for reconstruction within the new building of a pediatric and newborn unit, and the maternity and obstetric ward, to ensure the continuum of emergency care for mothers, newborns and children.
How can you make a difference?
Main activities are:
- Setting up, monitoring and evaluating various rehabilitation project plans, particularly relating to the Karantina hospital rehabilitation project, the rehabilitation of the dry store in the central warehouse and the rehabilitation of the cold chain, in consultation with all stakeholders
- Facilitate and document partner and donor reporting.
- Complete donor and partner briefing and reports.
- Contribute with latest update on the rehabilitation project to internal reporting, sitrep, or any documentation.
- Contribute in developing donor proposals.
- Convene and attend project coordination/overall coordination meetings
- Coordination internally with different section:
- The health and nutrition section
- Prime section for donor management and reporting
- Communication section for Fund raising initiatives
- The Construction unit
- Grants Management and Budget Management
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
An advanced university degree, preferably with background in complex project management, business and management and reporting
3 years of relevant professional experience in project management, budget management or first level degree with additional 2 years of experience
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Project and budget management experience
- Experience in writing reports is an asset (in English)
- Strong partnership management skills required
- Partnership Management - liaising between various stakeholders - including in the health, construction sector and UNICEF staff
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
How to apply: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1619017657752Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF