HEALTHBRIDGE CANADA IN VIETNAM
HealthBridge is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works to improve health and health equity among vulnerable populations through research, policy and action. HealthBridge has been operating in Vietnam since 1993 in the areas Health, Nutrition and Food Security; Livable Cities, Gender Equality and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health; Tobacco Control; Alcohol Control; and Non-Communication Diseases Prevention.
HealthBridge in Vietnam is currently looking for a qualified Vietnamese candidate to fill the position of Project Manager (PM) for the 4 year project “Improving reproductive health & preventing child-marriage in Nepal/Vietnam”.
Overall responsibility: To oversee day-to-day project management in planning, coordinating, and supervising the implementation of the Global Affair s Canada (GAC) funded project, working closely with the team from HealthBridge Vietnam (HBV) and the Center for Creative Initiatives in Health and Population (CCHIP). The PM will report directly to the Country Director in Vietnam office, and to HealthBridge’s Project Team Leader in Ottawa office. The PM will contribute to the development and growth of the organization, its strategic plan, new projects, activities and partnerships.
1. Project management:
- Take overall responsibility for project planning and implementation, including budget and activity management, to ensure the project is implemented in keeping with objectives and timelines.
- Coordinate activities of the project team.
- Provide leadership and technical support to facilitate team coordination and collaboration with partners to effectively implement the project.
- Work with various levels of Government Agencies, professional and relevant organizations to foster and ensure their support for and involvement in the project.
- Liaise with HB Headquarters and partners/ consultants involved in the project.
- Responsible for obtaining in-country research approvals, including leading the development and submission of the research ethics application.
- Monitor and provide regular updates to HB Headquarters on the project’s progress and identify and address challenges as they arise during the project’s implementation.
- Prepare all technical/narrative and financial reports and submit to HB Headquarters, as per the reporting schedule in accordance with the donor’s requirements.
- Supervise the work of project staff and consultants.
2. Technical support in Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH), Maternal, Newborn, Child Health (MNCH) and Nutrition
- Provide general technical support and input to all project activities and project partners
- Identify and recruit consultants for relevant project activities
- Provide technical support in Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH), Maternal, Newborn, Child Health (MNCH) and Nutrition for HB Headquarters and HB Vietnam
3. Communication and advocacy
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate communication and advocacy activities.
- Lead efforts to strengthen provincial and district health officials’ understanding of and support for ARH, MNCH and nutrition issues.
- Represent HBV at workshops/seminars/conferences to share/disseminate information on ARH, MNCH and Nutrition
- Lead and contribute to the development of project briefs, journal publications and other documents to disseminate project results.
- Prepare web updates on project progress and achievements.
4. Capacity building
- Seek opportunities and facilitate technical workshops/ training when needed to build the capacity of project staff in ARH, MNCH and Nutrition.
- Coordinate necessary inputs to conduct capacity assessment of health officials at implementation levels from province to village, develop the capacity building plans for partners, and ensure the implementation of capacity building activities.
5. Contribute to the development and growth of the organization:
- Provide assistance to Country Director when needed and responsive to any urgent assignment as required in the field of ARMNCH and nutrition.
- Develop organizational strategies, new projects/activities, and partnerships for the ARH, MNCH and nutrition programs.
- Identify the needs, opportunities, and potential donors interested in the issues and coordinate the development of new proposals in consulting with HB leaders.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Team Leader and Country Director.
- Master’s degree in public health or maternal, newborn and child health/reproductive health.
- At least 7 years experience designing and implementing maternal, newborn and child health/reproductive health interventions.
- Experience in designing and implementing nutrition interventions, particularly related to maternal, newborn and child health.
- Experience in training /workshop facilitation and providing supportive supervision.
- At least 5 years experience in project management.
- Strong research skills, including research design, quantitative and/or qualitative analysis.
- Good understanding of government health system of Vietnam.
- Experience in communication and policy advocacy.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Vietnamese;
- Ability to work effectively in a team, and team leadership abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience using data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Experience in clinical Reproductive Health.
- Experience working with minority population groups.
- Skilled in Results-Based Management
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, detailing applicable experience and skills, and a CV referencing “Project Manager” in the subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 21, 2021
No phone calls.
Only short -listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
03/10/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Save the Children