Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Type of Contract: Full-time employee
Contract period: Twelve months contract renewable.
Report to: Country Director
Supervise: Project Officer
Orbis International is a nonprofit global development organization dedicated to saving sight worldwide. Our mission is to preserve and restore sight by strengthening the capacity of local institutions in their efforts to prevent and treat blindness. Our goal is a world in which no one is needlessly blind, where quality eye care is available to everyone. Since 1982, ORBIS has treated and transformed the lives of more than 10 million people in 87 countries.
The Project Manager is responsibility to ensure the effective and efficient day to day implementation of the project under the overall guidance and supervision of the Country Director. Project Manager will work closely with the Clinical Team to ensure the functioning of the project from beginning to the end including project inception activities, annual and quarterly planning and reporting, and implementation of project activities, project reviews and project closure. The Project Manager will need to understand the political environment surrounding public health and find ways to diplomatically navigate and succeed in it.
The Project Manager must be highly motivated and creative in searching for, proposing, and obtaining grant and other types of funding to support public eye health activities. She/he must be proficient at grants and project management, budgeting, program design and development, and review and evaluation. Supervise project staff as assigned. Assess staffing needs, create job descriptions, advise Country Director on staffing needs and how they serve eye health mission of Orbis. The Project Manager will do strategic relationship development and maintenance as well as be responsible for grant compliance, building the Orbis’s eye health portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the Orbis project representative in dealings with local partners, local authorities and with various public, nonprofit, and organizations, agencies, and institutions in the assigned project area.
- Facilitate project approvals and revision processes as per Orbis and local government policies and procedures.
- Conducts grant/contract assessments and prepares reports necessary to program continuity and reporting. Monitors compliance with grant/contract requirements.
- Identifies problems and negotiates corrective action concerning programmatic issues and basic budgetary management.
- Plans, promotes, and develops eye health projects/programs by stimulating activity and providing leadership.
- Develops budgets, staffing plans, and action plans to ensure proper personnel, facilities, and supplies to meet grant/contract deliverables and reporting.
- Provides technical assistance, consultation, and guidance to project partners, and/or local agencies, health-related organizations, research entities, and institutions to develop, extend, and improve public eye health studies, programs, systems, infrastructure, strategies.
- Promote identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Provide the proper capacity building and promote leadership and ownership of the project partners to ensure sustainability of the program intervention.
- Facilitate transparent financial management of the program including the adherence with donor financial requirement and following up with the recommendations form internal/external audits.
- Review the project financial report to make sure all expenditure are in line with the approved budget - as required by Orbis and donor.
- Assists with the development and implementation of effective communication strategies to disseminate public eye health information to community health departments, and other entities as needed.
- Performs work related to the initiation, administration, and close-out of contracts, grants, or cooperative agreements.
- Assists in the development of public eye health staff to ensure timely and needed career development and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (preferably post-graduate degree) in Public Health, Medical, Health Service Administration, Health Sciences or Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive experience in project management, planning and implementation of public health programs or projects.
- Proven experience in grants writing and management, research and evaluation, familiarity with donor funded development projects is an asset.
- Knowledge of the national public eye health care programme, agenda, issues, impacts, research, infrastructure, current issues and best practices, culturally aware, patient and sensitive.
- Ability to coordinate and formulate the training on digital platform with diversified/blended training form.
Competencies (Knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job effectively):
- Strong leadership aptitude to foster a positive work environment that considers the dynamics of physical, social, psychological, and environmental factors.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral in Vietnamese and English, using generally accepted correspondence and report formats.
- Proven good skills in report writing with research and analytical capacity, ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy with all sensitive issues and special situations to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interest of varied actors.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build partnership rapport and develop/discipline/reward employees.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrated skill in developing work processes using automated equipment.
- Skill and ability to use automated office equipment and software programs.
Interested candidates can submit your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com stating “Application for Project Manager position" in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: July 20, 2021
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam