Location: Ha Noi
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for 01 Project Manager – Stop Illegal Wildlife Trade and Consumption Advocacy, Voices for Diversity-Safeguarding Ecosystems for Nature and People, based in Ha Noi.
The position offers an exciting opportunity for the selected candidate to be part of and make remarkable contributions to sustaining a counter wildlife trafficking movement led by WWF-Viet Nam, through stop IWT and demand reduction efforts. Under overall direction and supervision of National IWT Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for technical management and leadership to ensure final delivery of the VfD project’s objectives and missions. This position will work as focal point to lead and coordinate project work-planning, management, implementation, M&E; oversee grant machenism for CSO partners in compliance with WWF’s contractual obligations; and ensure close collaboration between the project and partners and other relevant stakeholders in the project sites. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the daily operation and implementation of the VfD project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Voices for Diversity-safeguarding Ecosystems for Nature and People project including overall planning, development of work plan for implementation and monitoring of the project activities, producing progress report, supervising the financial and administrative aspects to make sure all donor requirements and deadlines are met, final project objectives and KPIs are achieved;
- Design and lead advocacy processes in close coordination with relevant national and local authorities, line ministries based on the project IWT assessment findings on negative impacts of the illegal wildlife trade on the national economy, society, public health and national reputation index leading to the consent of the National Assembly to stop the illegal trade and consumption of wildlife;
- Ensure successful engagament and consensus of the National Assembly, relevant government agencies, policy champions and other project partners to deliver key advocacy targets including the National Assembly leaders’ official statement to support counter wildlife trafficking, followed by an official guidance/open letter with urgent measures to stop IWT and a national action plan framework to be implemented at targeted provinces;
Required Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor/(preferably masters) on environmental communication/campaigning, international relations, policy advocacy, natural resources management, environmental management, or relevant fields;
- At least 5+ years of working experience in an environmental government agency, environmental NGO, or relevant international development agency, of which at least 2 years in the field of advocacy communication for environmental policy change;
- Strong leadership and partnership skills;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
How to apply
The detailed terms of references are attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
For internal candidates, please send your application to Ms. Thuy (Recruitment Manager)
For external candidates outside the WWF network, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: PM VfD - Full name
The deadline is Oct 24th, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."
Organisation Name: WWF
Vị trí: Hanoi
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-10-24
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN