Project Manager – People’s Circular Economy Network: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic charity WasteAid. WasteAid is supporting government’s and communities worldwide to tackle the waste management crisis that is impacting on the health, the livelihoods and the environment of some of the poorest communities in the world. WasteAid is looking for an experienced and dynamic Project Manager to join our growing team. The role will be a lead ambassador for our first project in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam as part of a major two-year programme, supported by Huhtamaki Group, working in India, South Africa and Vietnam.
Our new programme – the People’s Circular Economy Network
The People’s Circular Economy Network is an exciting new partnership between WasteAid and our sponsor, Huhtamaki.
Introduction – Global sustainable food packaging leader Huhtamaki are investing €900,000 (£800,000) in this partnership to drive community-level circular economy innovation in Vietnam, India and South Africa for a two-year period. To mark its 100-year anniversary, Huhtamaki is donating €3 million to global sustainability initiatives with a local impact: acting today, educating for tomorrow and funding innovation for the future. These are designed to make a difference where it matters most to help address global sustainability challenges and build circular economy initiatives.
The Huhtamaki funded project will provide financial support to WasteAid to deliver education and training on waste management and circular systems. It will enable WasteAid to work with key stakeholders in Johannesburg (South Africa), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Guwahati (Assam, India) to fast-track and amplify local solutions that create value and reduce waste and pollution, in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The project – WasteAid will bring its expertise in sustainable waste management to share skills, develop business ideas and create end-markets for recyclable materials, driving innovation and developing a new generation of green entrepreneurs locally. The two-year programme will be focused on educating diverse local communities face to face and via a cloud-based learning platform, networking events and training programmes. They will seek to inspire innovative sustainable solutions through local innovation competitions. The programme will accelerate knowledge transfer and cultivate great ideas within communities most affected by poor waste management. Developing alternatives to dumping and burning of waste makes homes more liveable, reduces health problems and builds stronger local economies.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the opportunities to join our growing team as our Project Manager in Ho Chi Minh, Vietname then your application should comprise a CV (no more than 3 sides of A4) with details of your experience and achievements, together with a supporting letter (of no more than two sides of A4) which addresses the Person Specification.
Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th September 2020
Only those being short-listed for interview will be contacted in the immediate first instance. First interviews are likely to be short preliminary discussions via video conferencing, with second interviews held in person, in country (subject to Covid-19 restrictions).
All enquiries related to the process should be directed to the email email@example.com
No agencies please.
www.wasteaid.org has more information on the work of WasteAid.
WasteAid Project Manager (People’s Circular Economy Network) – Job Description
Location: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. Home working base expected, with occasional use of meeting and office facilities at local Huhtamaki sites. You will need to demonstrate eligibility to work in Vietnam. Contract will be administered from the UK.
Reporting to: Network Director (UK-based)
Salary: Negotiable and locally competitive within the INGO sector.
Hours of work: Full-time 5 days per week (37.5 hours) with daily flexibility.
The People’s Circular Economy Network
This programme is being funded and sponsored by Huhtamaki Group, a global food packaging specialist, headquartered in Espoo, Finland.
Expected Outcome. The People’s Circular Economy will be a self-sustaining global network of individuals and groups working to produce innovative circular economy solutions to the waste that blights their lives.
A two-year project to create a movement of leading individuals and groups that want to clean their communities and create wealth from waste.
Project Manager Objectives:
CREATE: Work with the Network Director to identify a location within Ho Chi Minh within which the project will be implemented. Identify, create and co-ordinate a local network of community waste pickers, activists and private sector who are working within the project target zone
CONVENE: Convene regional and local intensive workshops for learning, sharing and supporting pitching business ideas for funding. Note due to COVID 19 the modalities around events/conferences will be continuously reviewed and assessed
REPRESENT: Represent WasteAid to key stakeholders (Huhtamaki) community leaders and national and local government in your region
SUPPORT: Support our online network for community based Circular Economy Entrepreneurs around the world with content and local participation
MONITOR and EVALUATE: Work with the UK based Network Director to establish a monitoring and evaluation framework for the project and to be responsible for the implementation of the data gathering processes that undergird the monitoring and evaluation
REPORT; Ensure timely reporting both narrative and financial on the project, and to ensure a regular flow of information on the project successes that can be disseminated through social media.
RISK and COMPLIANCE: Ensure adherence to donor and WasteAid’s policies and standards. Identification of potential risks to the project, donor and WasteAid.
- In conjunction with the Network Director, select a location(s) within Ho Chi Minh and work with Community networks of waste managers, activists and private sector
Identify, through a localised assessment, the key actors that are working across the waste management value chain in the selected zone. From this assessment, develop a local network of community waste pickers, activists and private sector actors with whom we will work through the duration of the project. Based on a thorough knowledge of what is working and where, develop a combination of online and in person events/seminars to bring them together to share ideas, bringing in WasteAid technical trainers and providing practical sessions on business development and development of end-markets for recyclables.
- Regional Workshops
Convene regional and local intensive workshops in strategic locations (or online if required) where we identify and bring together the most dynamic environmental entrepreneurs to learn, share and hone their business ideas that demonstrate the circular economy in action, culminating in business pitch process. Co-ordinate possible follow-up support with grants, mentoring and technical assistance for the most promising ideas.
- Representing WasteAid
Being a representative and ambassador for WasteAid and the People’s Circular Economy Network (PCEN) project to key stakeholders in the region (key to this will be Huhtamaki) to build the profile and to maximise productive engagement and co-operation with the project – to include potential partners and supporters in business and commerce, local and regional government, community organisations, NGOs and others.
- Support Online Circular Economy Network
Supporting the online network for community based circular economy entrepreneurs around the world, by promoting the active use of the digital platform in your region. The digital platform will provide networking tools to allow groups and individuals to upload and share their activities and learning provide online training webinars for network members.
- Monitoring and evaluation
In conjunction with the UK Network Director establish a monitoring, learning and evaluation framework and then ensure its implementation. Using the data to inform reporting and also to ensure that information is used to make corrections within the project as and when required.
In conjunction with the UK Network Director provide timely, quality reports on the project progress, including robust data, stories of change and case studies which demonstrate impact. Ensure that issues/risks to WasteAid and Huhtamaki are identified and reported in a timely fashion.
- Compliance and Risk
In conjunction with the UK Network Director, be familiar with the Contractual obligations and ensure compliance to WasteAid and donor systems. Ensure an up to date risk register is established and reviewed on a timely basis.
The Project Manager will provide overall project management, co-ordination and local engagement with the programme in your designated city/region, as well as providing technical and administrative leadership and expertise across the programme. S/he will serve as the primary liaison with local Huhtamaki operations and be WasteAid’s ambassador for the region. S/he will be responsible for:
- Provide local leadership for the PCEN, acting as a champion and advocate for sustainable waste management and circular economy-based livelihood development;
- Support the local leadership of Huhtamaki by ensuring timely and appropriate opportunities are created for employee involvement in the programme.
- Be responsible for local project management, co-ordination and engagement to include the planning and high-quality, timely execution of the local programme, working closely with the Network Director to ensure that all aspects of the project management cycle are being adhered to.
- Provide data for robust monitoring and evaluation of programme outputs and outcomes;
- Budget management. Ensure cost-effective local delivery of donor commitments;
- Ensure high quality and timely reporting to the UK based Network Director;
- Oversee local financial affairs of the project, including local budgets, adherence to effective internal financial controls and review of monthly financial reporting and overall compliance;
- Ensure participation and compliance with all WasteAid and client corporate processes.
- Adherence to WasteAid’s Safeguarding and Participatory Protection Policy
- Establish and foster relationships with a broad network of stakeholders, community groups, potential entrepreneurs and activists, local and regional government representatives and business leaders, assimilating and contributing to new developments relevant to the programme and ensuring WasteAid is well represented at all times;
- Maintain a strong and engaging relationship with Huhtamaki’s local operations.
- Work closely with Project Managers in India and Johannesburg, sharing best practice and learning from other project sites.
Qualifications and requirements
- Lives in proximity to Ho Chi Minh City
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working in Ho Chi Minh
- Education to first degree level in a relevant discipline, particularly desirable would qualifications which include community based approaches to community waste management and the Circular Economy
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the field, preferably in similar waste management community-based project management roles;
- Experience with working in coordination with NGOs, local government, local partners and private sector
- Excellent project management skills, planning, budget and logistics management, organization, interpersonal and communication;
- Excellent English language writing and communications skills; proficiency in locally relevant languages is essential;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Flexibility, ability to easily overcome the pressure, ability to improvise, flexibility and sensitivity to cultural diversity;
- Proficient on MS Office
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the WasteAid programme and all policies including Health and Safety and Safeguarding.
10.8.2020 final version
UK Registered Charity 1160263
Registered Address: 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS, United KingdomCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children
01/02/2021Micro-finance and Community Development Institute
30/01/2021Micro-finance and Community Development Institute
25/01/2021Center for Development and Integration (CDI)
31/01/2021USAID LinkSME Project
25/01/2021Save the Children