Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for Vietnamese national for:
Vacancy: Project Manager
Contract length: 36 months
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but not limited. Other duties that are in line with relevant skills, experience and role may be assigned by Line Manager and SMT’s members.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
I. Management of EU DEVCO CSO project:
Management of project activities
- Oversee the management EU DEVCO CSO project;
- Directly manage the sub-grants agreements of partners to ensure effective program implementation;
- Provide support and supervision to CSO partners to ensure quality, participatory, effective, efficient and cost-sensitive planning, implementation, monitoring/ reviewing, reporting and evaluation processes of the CSO program activities in the project areas, with and by partners;
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), Budget Phasing, Procurement Plan and ensure they are match to each other. Regularly review these plans and make necessary adjustments if needed;
- Liaise and manage relationships and contacts with key project partners including provincial government agencies and local partners;
- Apply and documentation of Quality Benchmark using to ensure the quality of the project;
- Ensure the achievement of operational and program quality KPIs.
- Provide direct supervision to Project Officer (and Project Assistant/ Intern) to ensure the project team works productively in field implementation;
- Work together with project team’s members to identify clear performance objectives for each member including capacity building, support and motivate them to develop and implement their plans to achieve their objectives;
- Provide direct coaching and mentoring to project staff in the implementation of project activities and facilitate their technical capacity building.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep cost-efficiency of the actions;
- Manage project budgets including developing, reviewing, cash forecast, and phasing budgets;
- Reviewing monthly financial reports and listing of project expenditures;
- Monitor partners’ budgets, burn rate and advise Program Manager of any anticipated problems;
- Facilitate the delivery of direct finance and procurement management support to implementing partners by integrating finance and procurement orientation during kick-off meeting with partners, organizing a regular finance visit and if needed organizing a finance and procurement training to partners during project implementation;
- Ensure that SCI finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by project staff and implementing partners.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Lead project-level M&E, including regular monitoring visits to partners and the project mid-term review and end line study to ensure project activities are implemented as per work-plan;
- Lead development of case studies and other project materials;
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos and other data for project planning and documentation;
- Collate reports from project partners, Project Officer (and Project Assistant) and produce the regular internal and donor reports as well as project updates for submission to senior managers.
II. Contribution to CRG program development:
- Ensuring project implementation quality and further develop the program in line with Child Rights Governance (CRG) strategic direction and long-term planning;
- Be updated on and follow recent and cutting-edge developments in the international and national community in regards to CRG issues;
- rovide technical assistance in terms Child Participation, Youth Employment, Gender Mainstreaming and Advocacy to staff members and to partners on approaches and implementation methods consistent with acknowledged good practice to achieve sustainable results;
- Support CRG Program Manager with inputs on Country Annual Plan and Country Annual Report;
- Actively participate in, and provide inputs to, developing new concept notes/proposals and program strategies;
- Coordinate closely with other sectors especially the advocacy and MEAL team, to provide technical management support and contribute to the advocacy efforts in CRG and other sectors as appropriate.
Coordination, representation, advocacy and networking
- Support engagement and communication with Save the Children Member and donor on project progress with thematic lead;
- Support national level project activities, including advocacy and coordination;
- Serve as the main contact to represent the project in operation locations and maintain effective links with local partners at all levels to facilitate implementation, sustainability and scalability of the project;
- Maintain effective links with local partners at all levels to facilitate implementation, sustainability and scalability of the project;
- Maintain effective collaborations with other partners and organizations and related projects in the same provinces for better integration and coordination;
- Build and maintain effective partnerships and networks with relevant technical groups, civil society groups, NGOs, and UN agencies for effective implementation and scalability of the project;
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other sector/thematic teams to strengthen programmatic synergies and impact.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years management experience in an NGO environment, including experience in implementing programs for children in development contexts;
- Experience of working with local government and CSO partners;
- Proven technical knowledge and capacity to lead implementation of CRG activities, projects and programs;
- Experience in promotion of Child Participation and ethnic minorities young people, Youth Employment, Gender Equality and non-discrimination of vulnerable children & youth in Vietnam;
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Solid experience in knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring;
- Experience in advocacy implementation;
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Vietnam;
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, to motivate and inspire team work;
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think strategically;
- Excellent English language and narrative writing skills: donor reports, proposals development…
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Be both self-confident and humble;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
All application packages must be submitted via:
The closing date for application is 5pm on 12 January 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF