The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The project “Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building Program for Urban Development in Vietnam (ISCBP)” is financed by Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs-SECO for technical assistance and capacity development. The main goal of this project is to strengthen capacities of national and local institutions to promote, plan and implement innovative and participatory solutions for sustainable urban development in Vietnam. The project will be implemented over a period of five years by UN-Habitat in close coordination with the Ministry of Construction, Ministry of Planning and Investment and city governments.
The project consists of three interlinked components:
Component 1: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building
a) Support sustainable setup of the Institute for Urban Development Management
b) Improve institutional capacity of national and local government agencies
Component 2: Policy and Regulation
a) Strengthening of national urban legislation
b) Support the implementation of the Planning Law
Component 3: Piloting
The project will be led by the Chief Technical Advisor/Habitat Program Manager, responsible for all technical and financial aspects of the program and coordination with key counterparts at the levels of ministries and city government. Implementation is guided by annual work plans that clarify tasks and responsibilities of UN-Habitat towards national and local counterparts. The Institute for Urban Development Management (IUDM) in Ministry of Construction will be responsible for the organization of the training activities as well as liaison with the city People’s Committees to ensure active participation and provide logistic support. The Urban Development Agency (UDA) in MoC will be responsible for the delivery mechanism of component 2.1 and provide the technical support for integration of successful pilot approaches into the New Urban Law and related regulations. The Department of Planning Management (DPM) in MPI will be responsible for the delivery mechanism of component 2.2 and provide the technical support for the integration of strategic planning approach into urban and rural planning regulatory frameworks. Finally, the three selected cities will be responsible for the implementation of the pilot projects.
UN-Habitat’s role in the project includes overall responsibility for project implementation, as well as for monitoring and reporting, receiving support from UN-Habitat Headquarters and the Asia-Pacific Regional Office.
UN-Habitat Vietnam is looking for a Project Manager. The Project Manager will work under the direct management and technical supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor/Habitat Program Manager in Vietnam. He/she will provide support to the project planning, management, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of project activities to ensure compliance with the UN-Habitat’s mandate and the agreement with SECO, and ensure close collaboration between the project and co-implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders in the project sites. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the daily operation and implementation of the ISCBP project.
The incumbent will also support the coordination with other UN agencies, national and international institutes and organizations to align the project with the UN’s priorities in Vietnam and global approach on urban integrated development, contributing to the development of Habitat Country Programme in Vietnam.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Management of SECO project
- Support to HPM and UN-Habitat team to mobilize the internal and external resources (e.g expertise, knowledge, funds) to help to achieve the expected project outputs and outcomes.
- Act as focal point person to assist to HPM in daily managing all project activities:
- Work closely with UN-Habitat project team, internal and external project partnership to develop the project implementation strategy, TORs, detailed plan of each activities, set up the local institutional implementation framework based on project design and assumption;
- Work closely with project teams of co-implementing partners (IUDM, UDA, DPM and 3 pilot cities) and project consultation team to conduct the project component activities as project design and agreed schedule (e.g trainings, consultations, technical meetings, reports, workshops etc.);
- Cooperate with programme support staff to manage the project budget, procurements and financial authorization, actual disbursement report to SECO, HQ and ROAP;
- Being responsible to set up the result-based monitoring framework of the project implementation and substantive quality of activities and expected outputs and report to ROAP and SECO for project implementation and report to ROAP/HQ in PAAS system and directly to SECO through templates;
- Work closely with UN-Habitat team to supervise and provide the comments/inputs to relevant technical reports/studies/plans prepared by consultants and implementing partners;
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in project activities, promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in project implementation;
- Ensure the project documentation compilation and dissemination of project outputs in the UN-Habitat, UN system.
- Responsible to coordinate and promote the project’s visibility in accordance to donor’s requirement.
2. Contribution to UN-Habitat country programme development
- Ensure project implementation quality and further develop the country program in line with UN-Habitat’s strategic direction and long-term planning;
- Ensure the linkage between ISCBP project with other projects/programmes of UN-Habitat, UN agencies and other strategic development agencies as well as HQ/ROAP;
- Actively participate in, and provide inputs to, developing new concept notes/proposals and program strategies to ensure the maximize the potential resources and synergy to support to SECO project achievements;
- Build and maintain effective partnerships and networks with relevant technical groups, civil society groups, NGOs, and UN agencies for effective implementation and scalability of the project;
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other sector/thematic teams to strengthen programmatic synergies and impact;
- Assist HPM to ensure the effective coordination of policy dialogues and advocacy with stakeholders.
3. Other tasks
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description, and also in cases of any humanitarian emergency.
The final product will take the form of the services (described in section 3- Responsibilities) satisfactorily delivered by the selected contractor.
Minimum advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in urban management, urban development planning, land use and housing, environment, laws, economic development, development studies or relevant fields to urban and social policy in developing countries. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience in project management and/or providing supports for urban development projects and programmes in Viet Nam. A combination of practitioner/private sector, academic, and public sector experience would be considered an asset. Working experiences with UN system are preferable.
- Project management and field mission experience in urban sector
- Research and analytical skills combined with good communication skills, including drafting skills and writing skills, in English and possibly another UN language;
- Able to work independently and as part of team and deliver on time under pressure.
For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of other languages (using in the UN) will be an advantage.
Payments will be made monthly and based on deliverables over the consultancy period. There are set
remuneration rates for consultancies. The rate is determined by functions performed and experience of the
consultant. The fee will be paid as per agreement.
The contract will be from November to December 2020 (full time), and renewable subject to the performance
and budget availability
Link download personal history form: https://vietnam.un.org/sites/default/files/2020-11/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please return completed form to:
Chief, Classification and Recruitment Section
Human Resource Management Service
United Nations Office at Nairobi, (UNON)
P.O. Box 67578, Nairobi, Kenya
Facsimile (254 2) 62 42 12/62 41 34
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round