Project Manager (Vertical Farming)
Based in Vietnam with travel to other provinces
(one year employment contract)
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,300 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with a highly decentralized management. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV as part of a consortium will implement a global fund that will provide finance and Technical Assistance (TA) to projects with a focus on climate change adaptation and mobilize external private sector funding at scale.
The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) allows for investments in projects aimed at climate change adaptation and mitigation in developing countries. SNV, as part of the Origination Facility, will identify and develop, together with local companies and stakeholders, bankable business case/projects which can subsequently be picked up by the Finance Facilities (Water and Land-use) for further development, match-making and investment. The DFCD presents an important additional instrument for the Dutch government’s efforts in contributing to the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Overview of position
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of assigned projects, which have been approved by the DFCD’s Investment Committee with the goal of delivering an investable project (i.e. Graduated Project) on budget and within the designated time frame. The PM will report to SNV’s DFCD Investment Officer.
- Assist in the development of Origination Facility project plans;
- Development of the project plan (Gantt Chart, Sources and Uses of Funds, specific tasks and outcomes);
- Cross organization collaboration to manage internal and external resources, related to the investment case;
- Working closely with sponsors to advise on potential roadblocks and developing solutions to preemptively keep projects on track;
- Site visits and engagement with stakeholders to build rapport and trust, including influencing outcomes;
- Depth of understanding of the investment including; Return on Invested Capital, ESG benchmarking, validating investment impact, and communication of these metrics to stakeholders;
- Team player and take on other assignments as needed
- Msc in (agri)economics, finance, business administration;
- Minimum of 4 years working experience as investment inclusive business expert with project management experience;
- Working experience in an international environment and/or in emerging markets is a plus.
- Strong skills in planning, administration, organising and prioritising;
- Strong administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships
- Displays a strong service and client orientation;
- Strong team player;
- Good networking skills;
- Pro-active work attitude and ‘can do’, solution-oriented attitude;
- Risk aware and able to escalate issues when necessary;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Affinity with SNVs mission and with the Agriculture, Water, and Forestry
Contract Duration: SNV Vietnam offers a one-year employment contract.
Desired start date: ASAP
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and CV via this PROJECT MANAGER LINK, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package and contacts of up to 3 referees of your past employment to by 5th January 2021.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisementCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/02/2021USAID LinkSME Project
03/02/2021Center for Rural Economy Development