Project manager – Vocational training Electricity & Automotive
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The European Institute of Cooperation and Development (IECD) is a French non-governmental organization founded in 1988 and operating in the field of social and economic development in partnership with local institutions. IECD’s main sectors of action are vocational training and professional integration and support to micro and small enterprises. More information on www.iecd.org
The Seeds of Hope program aims to allow young people to have access to dynamic jobs with opportunities for development in the fields of electricity, energy and automotive maintenance, by reducing the gap between companies’ needs and students’ skills. In partnership with companies and vocational training centers, the program focuses on upgrading the training curricula, providing equipment for the technical practice, training the trainers and developing the « Guidance & employment » activities.
The program was launched in 2007 in Lebanon and has then been implemented in Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.
In Vietnam, the project was launched in 2017 with a focus on a pre-baccalaureate vocational training in the field of “Residential and Industrial Electricity” and “Automotive Maintenance and Repair”. Three public schools are now supported by the project: the Thu Duc College of Technology, the Ho Chi Minh City Technical and Economic College in district 6 and the District 12 Technical and economic College.
More information about the project in Vietnam can be found HERE.
Under the management of the South-East Asia Director, IECD Vietnam representative and in close collaboration with the Seeds of Hope team in Paris, you will be in charge of ensuring the successful implementation and development of the Seeds of Hope project in Vietnam.
1. Project operations management
Within the general objectives of Seeds of Hope, in close partnership with the project’s partners, you will:
- Define the project’s strategic orientations and the action plan, taking into account the specific context and needs of vocational training program and labor market in Vietnam
- Coordinate and ensure a smooth implementation of the action plan, focusing on the main project’s pillars:
- Curricula upgrade, to close the gap with the market’s needs
- Workshops’ equipment, to provide more practice opportunities for the students
- Training of the trainers, to improve their technical skills and pedagogical practices
- Guidance & Employment activities, to build bridges between students, schools and companies
- Follow-up the implementation of the activities and ensure their evaluation and continuous improvement
- Advise the project team and project partners on project implementation on daily basis.
- Attend meetings and update the IECD Vietnam representative and Seeds of Hope team in Paris about the project implementation progress
- Promote the methodology transfer to the partner schools
- Coordinate with external expertise (national or international) to ensure the smooth implementation of the project and achieve the objectives set
- Contribute to capitalization activities within the team in Vietnam and within the Seeds of Hope worldwide team
- Organize impact studies, schools’ diagnosis and other surveys or research related to the project
2. Project Development
As a way to increase the project’s impact, in close collaboration with the local and international vocational training ecosystem, you will identify and analyze new project opportunities, as for example:
- New partnership with schools, local authorities, companies etc.
- New operating methodologies to scale-up the program
- New beneficiaries target groups
3. Project management
You will be responsible for the general management of the project in Vietnam, including:
- Human resources:
- Managing a dedicated team of 2 project officers (additional resources planned for 2021)
- Identifying, coordinating and engage external resources: experts, volunteers, interns, contractors
- Maintain good relationships with the partners of the project: training centers, companies, NGOs etc.
- Maintain good relationship with the financial partners of the project
- Develop new partnerships along with the development opportunities
- Initiate an action plan for an institutional partnership, aiming to ensure the sustainability and the replication of the program
- Follow-up and steering of the project
- Finance management (budget planning and budget updating)
- Reporting: internal & external
- Evaluation and continuous improvement
- Communication: internal & external
Qualities and skills:
- Autonomy, adaptability and sense of initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills for planning, communication, representation with public and private partners, networking
- Great organizational skills, proactivity and ability to work under pressure
- Diplomacy and patience. Familiar with change management best practice.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Leadership and team-player skills
- Project management & team management skills
- Fluent in Vietnamese. Good proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience in the Energy / Electricity, Automotive or in the Training / Education sector would be highly appreciate
Education: Master degree in engineering school, business school or equivalent
Experience: At least 5 years working experience in the private sector or in the NGO / development.
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Contract: Full time local contract
- Remuneration according to profile and work experience
- Paid leave: 1.5 days / month and local holidays
- Healthcare package (post probation period) and pension contribution
Please send your CV + cover letter to Mrs Hardiville: firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)