JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition title: Project Manager, Wetland project cum Wetland Conservation Coordinator, WWFVietnam Reports to: Freshwater Practice Lead Supervises: Consultants as required Location: Ho Chi Minh city office, with frequent travel to project sites in the Mekong Delta Date: 1st March, 2021
I. BackgroundWWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environment issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF. The Mekong Delta of Vietnam, comprising of 12 provinces and one central city, has been identified as the area most severely impacted by climate change (CC) in the world, with consequent impacts (caused by draught, flood, salinity intrusion, soil erosion, etc.) to local communities, especially the poor ones living in core and buffer-zones of wetland areas who rely heavily on the ecosystem services they provide. The natural wetland sites in the Delta play an important role for global biodiversity and provide food, fire wood, medicines, and other products that are vital for local communities’ livelihoods; Besides, they also provide a buffer to the communities from climate related impacts, whether through coastal mangroves protecting inland areas from storms and tropical cyclones or inland wetlands storing floodwaters and maintaining surface water flow during drought. Most local people are poor with annual income of approx. US$2,130/year with rice and aquaculture production as main livelihoods. Production has significantly been decreasing due to CC impacts, depletion of aquatic natural resources, and also unsustainable practices. Water pollution is a severe problem in most of the dense canal system in the delta, impacting local people, especially women and children. Climate Change, conversion of wetlands and degradation of mangroves has also impacted biodiversity values of the delta and thus the services they can provide, however, key wetland sites remain. Under the WWF Freshwater Practice wetlands’ conservation strategy, the project will focus work in three key wetlands of the Mekong Delta also designated as RAMSAR sites; Lang Sen WR, Mui Ca Mau NP and U Minh Thuong NP, to improve local communities’ livelihoods and their resilience to climate change by taking actions in restoring and conserving wetland ecosystems they rely on.
II. Major FunctionsThe Project Manager is in charge of the implementation of activities in relation to the SDC project “Improving the lives of poor communities in Viet Nam’s Mekong delta through conservation-friendly alternative livelihoods in Ramsar designated wetlands”. He/she also takes the role as Wetland Conservation focal point the WWF-Viet Nam program. The position entails working in close cooperation with the protected areas management boards, implementing partners and other stakeholders in the Mekong Delta. The position may also contribute to other projects/ programs in the Mekong Delta Landscape and within the freshwater practice.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibilities for planning, management, implementation and monitoring of the “Improving the lives of poor communities in Viet Nam’s Mekong delta through conservation-friendly alternative livelihoods in Ramsar designated wetlands” project and activities to fulfil the projects goals and outcomes and contribuite to the realisation of WWF-Viet Nam’s conservation strategy;
- Manage project activities, project budgets and reporting including preparing progress reports, monitoring technical, financial and administrative aspects and ensuring all project requirements are met;
- Manage staff under direct line management, providing relevant training, coaching and capacity building and ensuring they deliver on their performance objectives;
- To act as the Wetland Conservation focal point and liaison between the project team and the local partners, especially BCA of MONRE, for better wetland management;
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration among PA/Ramsar partners for effective and efficient implementation of activities;
- Contribute to the Freshwater as well as Conservation strategies, workplan, program development, and other relevant activities as needed;
- Support M&E Specialist in gathering necessary M&E data and supporting documents from project and provincial activities;
- Other tasks assigned by supervisors as appropriate.
- Master degree in fields related to Natural Resources Management, Environmental Protection, Water Resources Management, Biology or in relevant fields;
- Expertise in project management/coordination; working experience with conservation NGOs an asset;
- More than 10-year working experience in the field of conservation or relevant fields in Vietnam;
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic, natural conservation and wetland issues in the Mekong region;
- Good understanding of the Mekong Delta, specifically on issues related to: wetland conservation, water bird conservation, climate change, salinity intrusion, hydrology, community development.
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to wetland conservation and the government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not- for-profit sector in the region;
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, both with government and international institutions;
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and with international organizations;
- Proven experiences in planning and implementation of GO and NGO’s projects;
- Experience in working with GO and NGO bodies (e.g. protected areas, national parks, provincial authorities), and working in multi-stakeholders’ settings.
Required skills and Competencies
- Strategic thinking; Organizing/ planning & excellent problem solving skills and decision making;
- Can-do attitude and result-oriented communication mind-set;
- Influencing & Networking skills;
- Proposal Development & Report writing skills;
- Good research, presentation and training skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Strong leadership and people, team management, coaching and capacity building/development skills;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
V. WORKING RELATIONSHIP1. Internal: work in close collaboration with freshwater project staff, finance team of WWF Viet Nam and other regional staff, other GMPO Country Programmes. Engage with and support WWF Viet Nam staff. 2. External: liaise and work with Government agencies, donors, communities, partners, private sector, consultants and international and local NGOs. This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply:The detailed Job Description for this position is attached to this article. Send us your cover letter, curriculum vitae in English, and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position title [WWF - 012021] Project Manager_Wetland project – Full name in the subject line of the email, by 3rd February 2021 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. “WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.” Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)
21/04/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation