The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise. As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ is dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. Together with commissioning parties and partners, GIZ generates and implements ideas for political, social and economic change. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information, please visit our website.
German Cooperation has been supporting Viet Nam to restructure its agriculture sector to ensure sustainable rural development, particularly in the Mekong Delta. In continuation of this support, the Viet Nam country package of the global program “Green Innovation Centres in the Agriculture and Food Sector” in Viet Nam (GIC), has been commissioned to support the transition to higher resource efficiency and value creation in Mekong Delta farming systems. A central element of the project is to increase the ability of smallholder farmers and upstream/downstream companies to adopt climate-smart and sustainable innovations that increase incomes, employment, and the quality of produce while reducing their environmental footprint. Through the promotion of innovations and novel business models along the agro-food value chains rice and mango, GIC contributes to farmer’s stable and competitive production, increased incomes through higher product quality and compliance with standards. Businesses up- and downstream of agricultural production improve farmer’s access to diverse services, and stable access to markets.
The project is looking for a local qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Project Officer for Farmer Capacity Development Duty station: Can Tho City Duration: ASAP to 30.12.2021 with possible extension
To ensure effective dissemination of capacity development concepts and to ensure appropriate training capacities and know-how, the Project Officer is responsible for the project’s capacity development activities addressing GIC’s core target group of over 20.000 smallholder farmers in six Mekong Delta provinces. In an advisor capacity, he or she ensures that the project’s partners adequately and effectively deploy the training, coaching and follow-up concepts conceived and adapted for the project’s specific purpose. The effectiveness of the capacity development measures provided is assessed based on adoption rates of innovations.
- Conducting regular updates and revision of the target group’s training needs
- Developing and implementing a concept for continued capacity development of the project’s target groups, including partner’s roles and responsibilities and considering efficiency, effectiveness and scalability
- Developing and adapting training and capacity development curricula and toolkits based on training needs assessment and evaluation of experiences and existing methods and materials from Viet Nam and abroad
- Providing basic methodological, didactical, and communication training and capacity development skills
- Ensuring partner’s compliance with the training commitments
- Reviewing trainers’ evolution and further needs, and proposing follow-up measures
- Regular revisions of the effectiveness and efficiency of the training and capacity development activities
- Contribution to result and impact monitoring of the activities related to the main target group
- Contributing to specific knowledge management related to the PO’s fields of expertise
- University degree in pedagogics, anthropology, sociology, agricultural science, economics, geography, or another academic field of relevance.
- Strong facilitation and training skills
- A proven track record as trainer of trainers
- At least 10 years of general professional experience in rural and agricultural development, in a researcher, technical advisory, or consultant capacity. Work experience acquired abroad is considered a strong asset.
- Profound understanding of the methodological, didactical, and communication aspects of adult education in rural Viet Nam, and of the strengths and weaknesses of the agricultural knowledge and information system
- At least 5 years of specific experience with the conception, development, implementation and evaluation of capacity development curricula, activities, and projects addressing an adult, rural public.
- Experience with the preparation, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of activities is required
- Work experience with farm management and farming as a business, and in IPM is an asset.
- Readiness for frequent travelling in the Mekong Delta, to HCMC, to Hanoi, and occasionally abroad, international travel conditions permitting
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team; ability to work together with people from different sectors (e.g. private sector, ministries, international experts) and cultural backgrounds
- High-level proficiency of oral and written English and Vietnamese
- Strong critical, analytical thinking and structured working abilities. Strong work ethic.
- Solid computer skills, and openness to acquire knowledge and employ digital tools
Successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training and development.
Note: Please state "Application for the Project Officer for Farmer Capacity Development – GIC" in the subject line or on the envelope
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy