- Date of issue: 11-01-2021
- Closing date: 15-01-2021
- Duty station: Hanoi
- Country: VIET NAM
- Duty station: Vietnam Red Cross, 82 Nguyen Du, Hanoi
- Duration: 9 months
- LOE: 100%
- Category of Staff: National Staff
- Grade: To be determined
- Vacancy No: VNRC032021
The Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC) is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
VNRC seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years, the Vietnam Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
The VNRC is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, active in all 63 provinces, 705 districts and in 11,159 communes with 15,224 paid staff, 361,266 volunteers and 4,416,337 members (According to VNRC Annual Report 2017). The VNRC has strong support from the GoVN at all levels, including salaries for key personnel and operational support to the Red Cross chapters and branches. The Government has adopted the ‘Law on Red Cross Activities’ (Law No. 11/2008/QH12) valid from 1st January 2009, which defined the VNRC’s seven core area of activities: Emergency relief and humanitarian aid; Health care; First aid; Donation of blood, tissues, organs and bodies; Tracing of relatives missing in wars, natural disasters and other disasters; Dissemination on humanitarian values; Participation in disaster preparedness and response. The Law puts the VNRC in a unique position to deploy its staff and volunteers to disaster zones, to help people, to access Government funds and to raise funds from the public for DRM.
VNRC is implementing the USAID/BHA funded project “Emergency Assistance to people affected by floods, landslide and storms in Central Vietnam” to support local people in the Central coastal provinces with emergency assistance.
Based on the impact of the disaster, the identified urgent needs, and the capacity of its branches in the affected areas, VNRC is targeting the most vulnerable poor households that have been severely affected by the floods. While lost livelihood and/or houses severely damaged will be considered the most important criteria for selecting people to receive cash assistance, the following criteria will be taken into account during the process of prioritization. Four provinces are Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue.
This project seeks to deliver assistance to and support the immediate and early recovery needs of 4,700 households (14,550 people) for nine months, with a focus on the following areas of strategies of implementation: Shelter, ERMS and MPCA.
The Project Officer’s overall task is to support the Project Manager in management of the progress and quality of the projects. She/he manages budget of the assigned projects, ensuring the deliverables of such projects within the specific timeline and with high quality. It is compulsory that VNRC’s and related donors’ policies that are applied for the projects in charge will be fully complied with.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement activities of the projects in charge according to the approved work plan and budget
- Manage the project spending, submit, monitor and report to line manager on regular basis
- Participate in identifying potential issues and actors for advocacy manager on regular basis
- Participate in identifying potential issues and actors for advocacy works
- Contribute to policy briefs and media strategies that inform stakeholders about the projects and organize advocacy events and campaigns to advocate for replication of projects results/impacts
- Maintain at least 5 news per year for VNRC’s website and social media pages
- Actively engage existing and potential advocacy partners (legislation and government agencies) for the government to change its policy to include well-grounded evidence and good practices generated under projects work
- Well communicate VNRC’s stand and position on issues related to projects work to the ‘public’, CSOs, media, academia, community, and authorities through timely releases of position statement, policy briefs, research reports, and other essential publications.
- Contribute to developing, implementing, and monitoring VNRC’s partnership strategy and plans.
- Participate in identifying and initiating strategic networks, alliances, and partnership with government agencies, local right programmes, and academic and research institutions, etc.
- Contribute to develop productive partnerships with existing and potential partners to collaborate on delivering projects work.
- Collaborate and exchange information with partners and report on their performance on a periodic basis; ensure effective information flow and communication with stakeholders including partners and international teams
- Provide annual planning and budgeting guidance to partners in accordance with the guidelines from the annual planning team as well as the related functions.
- Work as part of the VNRC’s Operation team, provide cover and back up support as needed.
- Provide assistance in proposal writing and grant management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor degree on political, social science, economics, development, or international studies
- Red Cross Red Crescent Movement related training desired
- At least 5 years of humanitarian work experience, of the projects and community development
- Outstanding analytical skills with a strong background in basic research
- Excellent management of competing priorities and work under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native/national language
- Outstanding programme/project design and programme cycle management and coordination skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Lead workshops, meetings, and presentations; excellent presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management projects and activities especially population movements
- Work experience with RC/RC
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Effective team work and project management skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Good command and use of software and/or applications on data collection and analysis.
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The Project Officer will be under contract with Viet Nam Red Cross.
Vietnam Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and a cover letter containing the name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by CoB January 15, 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam