The European Institute of Cooperation and Development (IECD) is a French non-governmental organization founded in 1988 and operating in the field of social and economic development in partnership with local institutions.
IECD's main sectors of action are vocational training and professional integration and support to micro and small enterprises.
More information could be found at: www.iecd.org
The Seeds of Hope program aims to allow young people to have access to interesting jobs with opportunities for development in the fields of electricity and automotive maintenance. In specific, the project contributes to bridge the gap between companies' needs and students' skills and thereby maximize the students' opportunities for accessing promising jobs in the labor market.
In partnership with companies and vocational training centers, the program focuses on:
- upgrading the training curricula,
- providing equipment for the technical practice,
- training the trainers,
- developing the “Guidance & Employment” activities.
The program has been launched in 2007 in Lebanon and has then been implemented in Egypt, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Liberia, and Congo.
In Vietnam, IECD successfully launched the Seeds of Hope project at Thu Duc College of Technology (TDC) and the Ho Chi Minh City Technical and Economic College (HOTEC) in 2017. The third school, namely District 12 Technical and Economic College (DTTEC) joined the project in 2019.
More information about the project in Vietnam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FENhYZthMUA;
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Seeds of Hope’s Project Manager in Viet Nam and with the support of the Seeds of Hope team, the Project Officer will mainly focus on activities related to the four pillars of the SOH project.
His/her main missions will include:
• Planning, coordination and implementing project activities:
Take an initiative in developing relationships with the schools, government institutions and companies,
Work with the project team, schools' partners and external experts to identify needs and develop project strategy and actions plan,
Work closely with Pedagogical Project Officer, school's partners and external technical experts to implement project activities related to upgrade curriculum, equipment and training of teachers, in specific:
- Ensure the revision and validation of Teaching Guides, Training Materials, Evaluation Materials, etc. to meet the technical requirement with support from the project’s technical experts,
- Ensure the implementation of the upgrade curricula,
- Identify the equipment which is in line with the upgrade curricula and SoH project’s equipment principal
- Take lead in purchasing technical equipment for the partners school,
- Ensure the integration of new equipment into upgrade curricula,
- Ensure the workshops to be organized in-line with the pedagogical and technical advices,
- Identify teachers’ training needs and develop comprehensive training plans,
- Identify training sources and organize the training sessions.
• Guidance & Employment (G&E) activities:
Work with the G&E officers at the partner schools to identify the gaps and opportunities for G&E activities,
Work closely with the Project G&E officer to develop G&E plan,
Ensure the G&E activities to be implemented in the excellent quality manner,
Liaison with partners schools to ensure G&E activities to be integrated as a part of an overall training program of the Electricity and Automotive majors,
Evaluate, assess and ensure the continuous improvement of the G&E activities.
• Monitoring & evaluation and reporting:
Participate in the development of project framework and indicators,
Participate in the monitoring, evaluation and report of project activities
Participate in project assessment and other project surveys as required,
Conduct school diagnosis.
• Communication and documentation:
Take part in internal and external communication,
Participate in developing documentation related to project activities as required,
Support the development of communication materials for the project.
• General support to the project team:
Translations and interpretation.
In addition to the main accountabilities and responsibilities, the project officer will be involved in all aspects of the project and will bring his/her support to the project team.
Based on his/her experience and interests, he/she should also undertake additional project activities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Skills and experiences expected:
- Autonomy and good organizational skills,
- Experience in working with different stakeholders, including school partners, local government, financial partners and suppliers,
- Experience in project management and implementation,
- Good interpersonal skills for communication, representation with public and private partners, networking,
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment,
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines,
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation within development project a plus,
- Previous experience in the Energy /Electricity, Automotive or in the Training / Education sector would be highly appreciate,
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University Degree in engineering school, business school, education school or equivalent
Experience: At least 2 years of full-time working experience in Energy/Electricity, Automotive, Education, and/or NGO/development or similar position.
LOCATION and CONDITIONS
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Salary: According to profile and work experience
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Vietnamese (EXCELLENT in Speaking, Listening and Very good in Writing and Reading)
- English (GOOD in Speaking, Listening and Very good in Writing and Reading)
HOW to APPLY
Please send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 30 October 2021 or as soon as possible
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round