Date of issue: 20-10-2021
Closing date: 09-11-2021
Duty station: Hanoi
Country: VIET NAM
Duty station: Vietnam Red Cross, 82 Nguyen Du, Hanoi
Duration: 6 months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: To be determined
Vacancy No: VNRC102021
The Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC) is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the world\'s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
VNRC seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years, the Vietnam Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
The VNRC is one of the leading professional humanitarian organizations in Viet Nam, active in all 63 provinces, 705 districts and in 11,159 communes with 15,224 paid staff, 361,266 volunteers and 4,416,337 members (According to VNRC Annual Report 2017). The VNRC has strong support from the GoVN at all levels, including salaries for key personnel and operational support to the Red Cross chapters and branches. The Government has adopted the ‘Law on Red Cross Activities’ (Law No. 11/2008/QH12) valid from 1st January 2009, which defined the VNRC’s seven core area of activities: Emergency relief and humanitarian aid; Health care; First aid; Donation of blood, tissues, organs and bodies; Tracing of relatives missing in wars, natural disasters and other disasters; Dissemination on humanitarian values; Participation in disaster preparedness and response. The Law puts the VNRC in a unique position to deploy its staff and volunteers to disaster zones, to help people, to access Government funds and to raise funds from the public for DRM.
VNRC is implementing the USAID/BHA funded project "Emergency Assistance to People Affected by Covid-19 in Vietnam” to support local people in ten coastal central provinces with emergency assistance.
Based on the impact of the COVID-19, the identified urgent needs, and the capacity of its branches in the affected areas, VNRC is targeting the COVID-19 affected people in hard-hit provinces by floods and storms 2020. They are suffering from severe income loss as a result of less or no access to job opportunities. Following the standard guideline, VNRC will identify an indicative list to be prioritized. However, the vulnerability criteria for priority households may vary depending on the impact of the disasters, coping strategies, and context (urban or rural). Beneficiary selection will be well-coordinated with local authorities and other stakeholders to avoid overlapping. Priorities are households that have: People with disabilities; Member(s) with chronic disease; Adult Female No Adult Males; Pregnancy or children under 12 months; Member(s) under COVID-19 isolation; Older adults over 65 years. Ten provinces are Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Dinh and Phu Yen.
This project seeks to providing conditional food vouchers, washing NFIs, and hygiene promotion to 12,103 households (37,306 people) in 10 provinces/city in Central Vietnam affected by 2020 floods.
The Project Officer’s overall task is to support the Project Manager in management of the progress and quality of the projects. She/he manages budget of the assigned projects, ensuring the deliverables of such projects within the specific timeline and with high quality. It is compulsory that VNRC’s and related donors’ policies that are applied for the projects in charge will be fully complied with.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement activities of the projects in charge according to the approved work plan and budget
- Manage the project spending, submit, monitor and report to line manager on regular basis
- Participate in identifying potential issues and actors for advocacy manager on regular basis
- Participate in identifying potential issues and actors for advocacy works
- Contribute to policy briefs and media strategies that inform stakeholders about the projects and organize advocacy events and campaigns to advocate for replication of projects results/impacts
- Maintain at least 5 news per year for VNRC’s website and social media pages
- Actively engage existing and potential advocacy partners (legislation and government agencies) for the government to change its policy to include well-grounded evidence and good practices generated under projects work
- Well communicate VNRC’s stand and position on issues related to projects work to the ‘public’, CSOs, media, academia, community, and authorities through timely releases of position statement, policy briefs, research reports, and other essential publications.
- Contribute to developing, implementing, and monitoring VNRC’s partnership strategy and plans.
- Participate in identifying and initiating strategic networks, alliances, and partnership with government agencies, local right programmes, and academic and research institutions, etc.
- Contribute to develop productive partnerships with existing and potential partners to collaborate on delivering projects work.
- Collaborate and exchange information with partners and report on their performance on a periodic basis; ensure effective information flow and communication with stakeholders including partners and international teams
- Provide annual planning and budgeting guidance to partners in accordance with the guidelines from the annual planning team as well as the related functions.
- Work as part of the VNRC’s Operation team, provide cover and back up support as needed.
- Provide assistance in proposal writing and grant management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor degree on political, social science, economics, development, international studies
- Red Cross Red Crescent Movement related training desired
- At least 5 years of humanitarian work experience, of the projects and community development
- Outstanding analytical skills with a strong background in basic research
- Excellent management of competing priorities and work under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native/national language
- Outstanding programme/project design and programme cycle management and coordination skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Lead workshops, meetings, and presentations; excellent presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management projects and activities especially population movements
- Work experience with RC/RC
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Effective team work and project management skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Good command and use of software and/or applications on data collection and analysis.
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
Competencies and values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The Project Officer will be under contract with Viet Nam Red Cross.
Vietnam Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Organisation Name: VNRC
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 2021-11-09
Interested candidates should send a current resume and a cover letter containing the name and contact details to email@example.com with the subject [REDCROSS - 1021] - Position - Full name by CoB on November 09, 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International