As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in four priority areas: 1) Vocational Training, 2) Environmental Policy and Sustainable Natural Resource Use, 3) Energy, and 4) Sustainable Economic Development. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
About “AMUSE” project
The ASEAN Municipal Solid Waste Management (AMUSE) project is an initiative to improve environmental quality in small and medium-sized tourist cities in the ASEAN region. The AMUSE project applies a holistic, multi-level, and multi-stakeholder approach working with the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) at the regional level, and with national and local governments in the country components. The project collaborates with stakeholders in the tourism industry on matters regarding waste prevention, treatment, and recycling, also involving relevant public, private, and civil society actors. In Vietnam, activities include the implementation of pilot activities in Da Lat where a transition to sustainable waste management, and a more circular (tourism) economy under the integration of responsible ministries, tourism associations and local actors will be supported. The project is implemented by GIZ.
For support in the implementation of AMUSE, GIZ is looking for a qualified local candidate in Da Lat to fill the following position:
Duty station: Da Lat City, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP until 30th June 2025
The Project Officer will support the project with technical knowledge and primarily lead the implementation of pilot project activities in Da Lat, Vietnam. He/she will do everything possible to ensure that the countryspecific project’s targets are met.
- Lead the implementation of pilot project activities in Da Lat for the reduction of (plastic) waste leakage through improved waste segregation, collection and treatment (recycling), as well as integration of the tourism sector;
- Be the driving force for progress together with (pilot) project partners, such as DONRE, Women Union, local community, tourism businesses, etc.;
- Communicate, facilitate and engage with local partners on behalf of the project, and act as local spokesperson of the AMUSE team;
- Build and cultivate networks and partnerships with actors inside and outside of GIZ, including local governmental actors, private / informal sectors, communities, civil society and international organizations, etc. around the topics of circular economy, sustainable tourism integrated waste management and behavioral change;
- Provide technical advisory services on topics related to sustainable waste management, circular economy, gender and/or sustainable tourism to the project teams, (pilot) project partners and further stakeholders for AMUSE;
- Support in writing of TOR, manage and monitor national consultants for baseline data collection and other advisory services;
- Take lead/support & coordinate capacity development formats, study trips, as well as countryspecific and regional events/workshops/roundtables and represent GIZ at local stakeholder events;
- Ensure active continuous communication and reporting with/to project partners and project team;
- Support the monitoring/evaluation/knowledge management of the project by collecting and adequately distributing information and relevant communication material about the activities;
- Support other activities in close coordination with the project team at national and regional levels.
- University degree in the fields of waste management, environmental science, sustainable tourism, sustainable development, gender studies, project management, or a related field;
- At least 5 years of project management or coordination experience in international technical cooperation projects;
- Familiarity with environmental issues especially related to municipal (plastic) waste management, tourism, behavioral change, community engagement and the role of gender;
- Strong networking capability and good communication skills with stakeholders from the public, private and informal sectors, as well as civil society and international organizations enabling collaboration to achieve joint objectives;
- Good knowledge of stakeholders, processes and institutional set-up of municipal waste management on Provincial and national level in Vietnam;
- Experience with working in international/multicultural work environment;
- Excellent spoken and written Vietnamese, complete fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Willingness to frequent national and international travel;
- Experience with GIZ is a plus.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 3 rd May 2023.
Note: Please state “Application for the position of Project Officer_AMUSE” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations. Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi