Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Project Officer – Child Protection
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but not limited. Other duties that are in line with relevant skills, experience and role may be assigned by Line Manager and SMT’s members.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Program Planning and Implementation
- Participate in Country Annual Planning and gather necessary information;
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan;
- Revise the Detailed Implementation Plan as necessary during the project implementation;
- Provide support and supervision to relevant partners to ensure quality, participatory, effective, efficient and cost-sensitive planning, implementation, monitoring/reviewing, reporting and evaluation processes of the Child Protection (CP) program activities in the project areas, with and by partners;
- Produce and submit a monthly workplan and progress update to the Project Manager that indicates project activities as well as the PO’s schedule;
- Support the Project Manager to schedule activities, meetings, and workshops organized in HCMC and other locations;
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of SCI project materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials;
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation;
- Provide inputs for communication materials development;
- Work closely with the project team and relevant local partners to create and pilot innovative and effective models or approaches that can be extensively replicated at provincial, regional, and national scope;
- Collaborate with CP team as well as partners to develop and disseminate appropriate promotional and dissemination of information and materials; and
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related tasks.
2. Finance Management and Budget control
- Monitor partners’ budget, burn rate, and advise Project Manager of any anticipated problems;
- Comply with SCI and donor requirements on expenditures and provide support to partners on compliance;
- Prepare monthly cash projection, advance requests and expense claim.
3. Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and capacity building
- Assist in developing needs assessment tools, designing training modules, and conducting training as necessary;
- Monitor project activities conducted by partners to ensure project activities implemented as per work plan;
- Collect and submit monthly reports that compile the numbers trained and numbers reached in each school, achievements, challenges and lessons learned;
- Participate in, support and prepare logistics for research, surveys and other monitoring and/or evaluation activities in project areas as needed;
- Propose solutions to address assessed needs and adjust implementation approaches to attain or maintain the highest quality based on assessment and ongoing monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide input into reports as requested by the Project Manager in a timely manner;
- Interview ethnic minority students and prepare stories and/or activity reports and photos to show progress, lessons and challenges on a quarterly basis; and
- Build local partner capacity by planning and coordinating the implementation of project activities, identifying training needs, developing training plans and providing training to develop needed capacity.
- Meet with local partners, school leaders and Child Management Committees (CMC) on a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation;
- Maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation;
- Ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities;
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested by Project Manager; and
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
5. Other tasks as assigned
- Additional tasks will be identified and assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in social sciences or related field;
- Have at least 2-4 years experience working in the development areas, working with children, especially ethnic minorities ones;
- Ability to learn quickly and respond to multiple demands;
- Positive attitude to working with children in schools, parents, school and community leaders;
- Experience working in schools with school management and students;
- Knowledge of child participation, child right governance is a plus.
- Excellent project management, communication and capacity building skills;
- Solid understanding of the Vietnamese government system;
- Fluency in English speaking and writing.
- Experience of managing sub-grants;
- Experiences in working with CP organisations, including CSOs;
- Demonstrated “Training of Trainers” experience.
All application packages must be submitted via
The closing date for application is 5pm on 27 December 2019. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy