The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise. As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ is dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. Together with commissioning parties and partners, GIZ generates and implements ideas for political, social and economic change. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information, please visit our website.
German Cooperation has been supporting Viet Nam to restructure its agriculture sector to ensure sustainable rural development, particularly in the Mekong Delta. In continuation of this support, the Viet Nam country package of the global program “Green Innovation Centres in the Agriculture and Food Sector” in Viet Nam (GIC), has been commissioned to support the transition to higher resource efficiency and value creation in Mekong Delta farming systems. A central element of the project is to increase the ability of smallholder farmers and upstream/downstream companies to adopt climate-smart and sustainable innovations that increase incomes, employment, and the quality of produce while reducing their environmental footprint. Through the promotion of innovations and novel business models along the agro-food value chains rice and mango, GIC contributes to farmer’s stable and competitive production, increased incomes through higher product quality and compliance with standards. Businesses up- and downstream of agricultural production improve farmer’s access to diverse services, and stable access to markets.
The project is looking for a local qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Project Officer for business development services and innovation in agro-food SMEs Duty station: Can Tho City Duration: ASAP to 30.12.2021 with possible extension
To move from innovation to business and to impact at scale, development partnerships with the private sector and entrepreneurial coaching for farmer organizations and SMEs support actors seeking to increase incomes and revenues. Based in GIZ’s Can Tho office, the Project Officer is responsible for the engagement with and support to private sector partners. Dealing with a large range of businesses, from upstream service providers for agricultural production, to post-harvest and processing along the two value chains of rice and mango, he or she assesses, develops, and promotes business models that foster the adoption of innovations in the sphere of private businesses. In addition, profit centers for cooperatives are promoted in support to the project’s cooperative development support component. The PO analyzes capacity development needs, defines and develops the business development service package, ensures effective advisory, as well as third-party support. Partner’s compliance with commitments, uptake of the support, and KPIs are continuously monitored.
- The PO organizes and manages the work related to private sector partners, technically instructs his counterparts, consultants, and his colleagues, as applicable
- Development and implementation of the toolkit for SME training and coaching in the agro-food sector
- Developing and acquiring new partnerships and networks
- Regular review of relevant dynamics in the partner’s business environment, and the two value chains as part of the Mekong Delta, Vietnamese, and regional agro-food sector
- Documentation of innovations and business models, of results and impacts
- Inputs for PR, knowledge management, data on activities conducted, and results for the project’s M&E
- Contribution to planning and implementing knowledge and experience exchange formats between the GIC country package Vietnam and international working groups, as well as for exposure visits.
- University degree in business administration, economics, food technology, environmental management, or another relevant field of expertise
- At least 10 years of general professional experience in related fields of work, either in consultant work or as employee. Work experience acquired abroad is considered a strong asset.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the agro-food industry, experience with the rice sector and in the Mekong Delta are considered an asset, as well as an established network in the rice value chain.
- Strong investment planning and assessment capacities with an interdisciplinary perspective, and capacity to assess both technical and economic parameters of business models
- Certified advisory capacities and proven accomplishments of business level capacity development, out of which at least 3 assignments in the agro-food industry.
- Strong project management skills and experience with the initiation, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of projects and other project management tasks
- Strong networking capability
- Readiness for frequent travelling in the Mekong Delta, to HCMC and Hanoi, and occasionally abroad, international travel conditions permitting
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team; ability to work together with people from different sectors (e.g. private sector, ministries, international experts) and cultural backgrounds
- High-level proficiency of oral and written English and Vietnamese, including solid reporting skills
- Solid computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Strong critical, analytical thinking and structured working abilities. Strong work ethic.
Successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training and development.
Note: Please state "Application for the Project Officer for business development and innovation in agro-food SMEs - GIC" in the subject line or on the envelope
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy