World Vision Vietnam is looking for Vietnamese competent candidates to fill the following vacancy:
WVV Project Officer for Hope in class project – 01 position
- Work base in Hanoi
- Deadline for application: June 12, 2020
For detailed Job advertisement, Job description please find on WV Vietnam’s career page:
Position Name: WVV Project Officer – “Hope in Class” Project (The corporate funded project by ORION until September 2022)
Working Time: 5 days/week
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,500,000 (FY19) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 420 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: (i) children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; (ii) reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; (iii) sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 14 provinces. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Building “Hope in Class” to end violence against children at school project is a grant funded by Orion through World Vision Korea. The project aims at building a safe, loving and cooperative environment at school through building children’s capacity to behave in a positive, loving and cooperative way, and enhancing the involvement of teachers and parents in educating children on life skills and living values, and in building a loving and safe school environment.
The project goal will be achieved through two outcomes: 1) Teaching children living values and life skills to protect themselves and peers from violence and; provide opportunities for them to practice those attitudes and behaviors; 2) Enhancing teachers and parents’ efforts to educate children’s skills and attitude and foster greater collaboration between schools and families.
The project activities will be carried out at national level as well as in Thanh Hoa and Hai Phong.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To support the Zonal Manager and Child Protection Technical Program Manager to carry out the project activities in Thanh Hoa city, Thuong Xuan district, Ba Thuoc district, Lang Chanh district ( Thanh Hoa province) and Ngo Quyen district (Hai Phong city) to achieve the project goals and outcomes stated above.
- To ensure the project activities are carried out in accordance with the work plan and budget approved by the donor with sustainability.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
Designing and Planning
- 3 years project framework at national, provincial and district levels is developed to ensuring the integration of “Hope in Class” activities and other projects of APs as well as the capacity building of the counterparts and community on child protection.
- A detailed annual POA is developed and agreed by national and provincial partners.
- Development Plan of training packages on living values, life skills for students and parent engagement, public engagement, campaign activities is agreed and followed by national and provincial partners.
- APs participating in the project received technical support to complete the annual POA in integration with CP project at AP level.
Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting
- “Hope in class” project is socialized/sensitized to beneficiaries, relevant authorities, and partners through workshops and training.
- Meeting minutes and action plans are monitored and followed-up after “Hope in Class” project reflection meetings at national and provincial level.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual project reports are well prepared to submit to the Zonal Manager and SO/Donor as per deadlines.
- In coordination with Development Facilitators to ensure the project goal and outcomes at field level are achieved and all requirements for audit purposes are met properly and timely.
- WVV and Donor finance procedures and guidelines are obtained and strictly followed by staff and partners in order to ensure appropriate
- expenditures/utilization, transparency and integrity of all expenses.
- Valuable contribution is made to project baseline survey, assessment, final evaluation, and output monitoring.
Relationship and Collaboration
- Project partners including, MoET, DoET, District and commune PMBs, and schools are able to maximize their resources for project achievements and sustainability as well as willing to discuss solutions for improving project quality in a transparent and timely manner toward mutual agreement.
- Through close collaboration with openness and timely information exchange, the “Hope In Class” project is implemented in integration with AP interventions for building a safe, loving and cooperative environment at school in Ba Thuoc, Thuong Xuan, Lang Chanh and Ngo Quyen APs.
- Technical inputs from relevant technical program officer/specialist/manager were provided timely and sufficiently through a continued and constructive cooperation with TPs and relevant departments.
Capacity building and documentation
- Ensure consultancy is conducted with good quality through TOR preparations, follow-up with consultancy works in line with TOR, coordinating stakeholders in delivering expected results.
- Coaching is provided to local and government counterparts who will carry out project activities at grassroots levels after training to continue to build their capacity.
- Ensure project good practices, lessons learnt and Most Significant Change stories etc. are well documented
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent certificate of social work, community development or related fields
Knowledge & Skills
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-empowerment development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Good knowledge in media engagement and public engagement
- Community mobilisation skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated project planning skills
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good English, especially report writing and reading skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department – World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.127)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
Agency to Provide Support in Developing a Risk Communication Course, Testing and Evaluating the CourseWHO
31/07/2020Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI)
07/08/2020Save the Children
26/07/2020Trung tâm Phát triển Sáng tạo Xanh ( GreenID)