The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise. As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ is dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. Together with commissioning parties and partners, GIZ generates and implements ideas for political, social and economic change. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information, please visit our website.
German Cooperation has been supporting Viet Nam to restructure its agriculture sector to ensure sustainable rural development, particularly in the Mekong Delta. In continuation of this support, the Viet Nam country package of the global program “Green Innovation Centres in the Agriculture and Food Sector” in Viet Nam (GIC), has been commissioned to support the transition to higher resource efficiency and value creation in Mekong Delta farming systems. A central element of the project is to increase the ability of smallholder farmers and upstream/downstream companies to adopt climate-smart and sustainable innovations that increase incomes, employment, and the quality of produce while reducing their environmental footprint. Through the promotion of innovations and novel business models along with the agro-food value chains rice and mango, GIC contributes to farmer’s stable and competitive production, increased incomes through higher product quality and compliance with standards. Businesses up-and downstream of agricultural production improve farmer’s access to diverse services, and stable access to markets.
The project is looking for a local qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Project Officer for PR and behavior change communication Duty station: Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam Duration: ASAP to 30.12.2021 with possible extension
To ensure effective engagement with target groups, and leverage classical, physical-presence communication and training efforts, increase the project’s visibility, and improve reporting, the Project Officer is responsible for the GIC’s communication and public relation work, based in GIZ’s Ho Chi Minh City office. The PO leads effective implementation of GIC’s communication strategy. He or she ensures that partners and the wider public understand the project’s logic and activities, and the innovations promoted. Regular updates of information, and review of activities with the project’s technical advisors generate result- and impact-focused reporting for the respective partner and target groups. The PO also oversees the quality and coherence of extension and training work from the perspective of behavior change communication.
- Drafting, implementing, monitoring and revising the project’s communication strategy
- Producing communication material and (digital) content
- Preparing and implementing the concept for GIC’s international exposure program for other GIC country package’s staff and partners, including specific communication material and international visitor package
- Supporting the GIC team’s use of digital tools, and supporting the team’s reporting capacities
- Preparation, maintenance, and moderation of data-protection compliant information repositories
- Managing the project’s PR and social media activities for Vietnam and the international context
- Preparing, monitoring and overseeing quality and effectiveness of third-party support to the PO’s area of responsibilities including contractual aspects, GIZ communication guidelines, and data protection
- Conception, implementation, and monitoring of behavior change communication and capacity development proposals and activities for an adult, low-education rural target group
- Ensuring appropriateness and effectiveness of the project’s core messages related to beneficiary engagement during meetings, farmer and ToT trainings, and the use of diverse communication media
- University degree in media studies, cultural studies, communication science, (rural) sociology, anthropology, (social) geography), agronomy, natural sciences, or another relevant field of expertise
- At least 7 years of general professional experience in related fields of work. Work experience acquired abroad is considered a strong asset.
- At least one year of experience gathered in a technical (non-intern) capacity in a media / communication agency or comparable work environment is compulsory.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the context of rural development projects. Experience with the specific socio-economic and cultural context of the Mekong Delta are considered an asset.
- Strong presentation and networking capability
- Proven, high-level proficiency of oral and written English and Vietnamese, including target-specific choice of language and tone. Additional knowledge of German or French is considered a strong asset.
- Established network in the field of (social) behavior change communication in Viet Nam
- Proven track record of developing and implementing impact-focused communication strategies
- Solid digital technology skills related to development of communication products, managing social media accounts and web presence. Basic comprehension of web design and web-based digital services is required.
- Strong conceptual and implementation capacities in the field of mass and social media awareness campaigns. Experience with digital and social marketing is considered an asset.
- Concrete work experience with visual communication, production and use of radio formats, podcasts, or videos, and interactive voice response is considered a strong asset
- Critical, analytical thinking and structured working abilities. Strong work ethic with respect to effectively contributing to improved, interactive communication for development with farming communities
- Project management skills and experience with the initiation, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of contracts and third-party tasks are desirable
- Readiness for frequent travelling in the Mekong Delta, and to Hanoi, and occasionally abroad, international travel conditions permitting
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team; ability to work together with people from different sectors and cultural background
Successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training and development.
Note: Please state "Application for the Project Officer for PR and behavior change communication – GIC" in the subject line or on the envelope.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam