As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
Viet Nam’s dynamic growth is also reaching rural areas, but at the same time poses a major challenge for the protection of the environment and the preservation of biodiversity. The effects of climate change are significant and the physical exposure, high population density and institutional weaknesses make the coastline and the Mekong Delta in particular vulnerable. The cluster “Environment, Climate Change, Biodiversity” currently comprises a total of four teams in the thematic areas of climate change, coast and water (including agriculture), biodiversity and forests, regional economic integration as well as numerous service packages of global projects, and private public partnerships.
The project VN-SIPA provides support to the Government of Viet Nam in establishing the framework conditions to implement the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) and the Paris Agreement. Thereby, the project focuses on five areas:
- Advice to Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) on NDC development and implementation in line with national circumstance and the international context;
- Support for the set-up of an institutional framework for implementing the Paris Agreement and integration in sectoral strategies;
- Development of five bankable mitigation actions (NAMAs) as a contribution to achieve Viet Nam´s climate targets as stated in its NDC (mitigation component);
- Implementation of ecosystem-based adaptation measures in two provinces with scaling up potential to achieve Viet Nam´s climate targets as stated in its NDC (adaptation component);
- Operation of the “IKI interface” for Viet Nam with the aim to connect all projects in Viet Nam funded by BMU´s International Climate Initiative (IKI) and to inform them about ongoing climate political processes.
The SIPA project requires a qualified local candidate for the position of:
in Climate Change “VN-SIPA”
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration of Assignment: ASAP until June 2022
- Assist the programme management (CTA/TA) in achieving the programme´s objectives;
- Provide technical advice to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) on climate change mitigation, NDCs, NAMAs and other related topics;
- Support MONRE with the systematic design, development and integration of strategies and policies into the National Climate Change Strategy 2020-2030 (NCCS);
- Support the CTA in coordinating and organizing meetings and exchange formats with other donors and implementing entities working on the NCCS 2020-2030;
- Support the identification of necessary changes in the legal framework, in policy documents and strategies to foster cross-sectoral consideration of climate change issues;
- Assist MONRE during the NDC review and update process with the organisation of workshops, capacity development formats and external consulting;
- Support MONRE in preparing for international climate change negotiations and engagement in international fora;
- Assist the project management to coordinate and communicate with political partners (ministerial and provincial levels and line agencies), other donor and implementation agencies and the civil society;
- Identify national and international financing options for the implementation of climate change mitigation measures and support partners on national and local level in accessing them;
- Integrate project outputs into the legal and institutional framework of project partners;
- Support and contribute to the M&E system of the project, prepare reports and presentation material;
- Assist the project team and external consultants of the project in the design and implementation of its communication strategy and its knowledge dissemination in Viet Nam;
- Master’s Degree ideally in a subject related to at least one of the following fields: climate change, environmental sciences, natural resources management, environmental policy, political sciences or a related field.
- At least 10 years of professional working experience in project implementation and management. Work experiences abroad is considered an asset.
- At least 6 years of professional working experience in a comparable position;
- Profound knowledge through working experience of the Vietnamese climate change policy, legislation, institutional landscape, relevant implementation structures, responsibilities and planning processes;
- Good knowledge of the international climate change discussions and negotiations as well as of relevant international standards and methods in the area of mitigation;
- Sound knowledge of the national and international public and private financial institutions and their financing mechanisms and instruments regarding climate financing;
- Strong technical expertise in the area of development and implementation of climate change projects;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese, with analytical capacities and ability to synthesise relevant findings;
- Excellent command of MS Office and good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems.
- Excellent self-management and coordination skills;
- Creativity, proactivity and proper initiative towards the results of the programme;
- Excellent ability to share knowledge and experience, a good team player;
- Demonstrated ability to work and produce – sometimes under high pressure – high quality outputs;
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions in a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation, and good training and professional development possibilities.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam), before 24th December 2020.
Note: Please state “Application for Project Officer in Climate Change – VN-SIPA” in the subject line or on the envelope.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS