As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
To support the VPA FLEGT implementation in Vietnam, GIZ is working with VNFOREST with its Forest Protection Department (FPD) and the General Customs of Vietnam with its Department of Custom Management and Supervision with the aim of implementing and assessing import control and due diligence, as part of the VNTLAS. In this regard, the project is also supporting business associations and other non-state actors to effectively contribute to the VPA FLEGT implementation.
The project is commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and partially co-funded by the Department for International Development of the United Kingdom (DFID). It is implemented by GIZ and its respective Vietnamese partners.
Based on its long experience in the forestry sector in Vietnam, GIZ is implementing an afforestation project financed by the private sector in two regions in Vietnam.
The Project is looking for local qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Project Officer in Forest Governance and VPA FLEGT
Duty Station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Duration: ASAP until 30. April 2021
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective implementation of project activities related to capacity; development on due diligence and compliance checks (implementation of the VPA FLEGT);
- Ensure setting up of technical and administrative sound ToR for hiring consultants;
- Ensure quality of and correct technical translation of complex documents and manuals;
- Ensure back-stopping for partners in implementing local subsidies;
- Liaise, coordinate and network with key stakeholders relevant for the VPA FLEGT implementation as agreed with the project management;
- Prepare and follow up on the implementation of activities related to import control at the pilot locations;
- Facilitate the conceptual development and implementation of workshops, trainings, exchange visit, etc. together with VNFOREST;
- Ensure proper implementation of the afforestation project according to contractual obligations of GIZ with the relevant authorities in coordination with other GIZ colleagues
- Compile quarterly report, monitor contract implementation and set up new contracts for afforestation activities
- University decree in forestry, natural resources management, economics or related fields;
- Proven experience in the forestry sector;
- Proven experience in developing measures for and cooperating with different partners for capacity development for different target groups;
- Good understanding of the VPA-FLEGT and its implications on the whole wood sector (transformative change);
- Good understanding of due diligence and compliance checks related to timber import;
- Good understanding of the government system in the forestry sector in general and of institution for capacity development in this regard in particular;
- Proven experiences in working with different stakeholders, engaging participants and commitments of different stakeholders in project implementation;
- 5 years of working experience in forestry sector and NRM;
- Understand processes while focusing on deliver concrete results;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Teamwork spirit and self-motivated;
- Excellent in both English and Vietnamese;
Duty Station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Duration: ASAP until 30. April 2021
- Organize, manage and ensure smooth interpretation/translation of the project activities related to forestry, VPA FLEGT and timber industry, including: outsourcing, translating/interpreting and ensuring quality control
- In collaboration with component/project managers and colleagues, support in carrying out activities related to organization of trainings, workshops and project communication activities
- Support project/component manager in collecting information for technical studies, researches and any technical briefs under the project framework
- Under the guidance of project/component manager, responsible for activity planning, coordination and monitoring
- University degree in the project related areas.
- At least 1 year working experience, preferably for development agencies as project/program assistant and/or assistant of Chief Technical Advisor
- Excellent interpretation and translation skill both from English and Vietnamese.
- Some knowledge on programme administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, cooperatively and support other team members, show initiative when required
- Ability to manage multiple demands and prioritise tasks, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other duties and work irregular hours when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and show respect for colleagues
- Willingness to learn and have clear goals in career development
- Have knowledge in project management and research experience in an area related to the project’s/programme’s requirements is desirable
- Commitment, demonstrated knowledge, and understanding of minority groups in Vietnam and gender-related issues.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send the application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 04th May 2020.
Note: Please state the following in the subject line or on the envelop if you wish to apply for one of the two positions:
Position 1: Application for the Project Officer “Forest Governance and VPA FLEGT”
Position 2: Application for the Junior Project Officer “Forest and forest governance”
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)