As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) (2019-2021) is a technical cooperation programme, jointly funded by the governments of Viet Nam and Germany and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). Its objective is to support the Vietnamese authorities on their path for a sustainable development of the Mekong Delta through the climate-resilient management of natural resources along the coast. MCRP focuses on three working areas:
- Governance support for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the establishment of an institutional framework for regional coordination in the Mekong Delta
- Investment policy for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the improvement of investment planning and coordination for a climate-resilient and gender-sensitive land and water use management including coastal protection for the Mekong Delta
- Technology and solutions for seven coastal provinces and An Giang province of the Mekong Delta to intensify the use of innovative and climate-adapted technologies and solutions
MCRP has a comprehensive workplan focused on three key areas: land-use and agriculture, water, and regional coordination in the Mekong Delta. To effectively carry out the programme activities, additional human resources are required.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) is thus looking for a qualified local professional for the following position:
Project Officer “MCRP” based in Can Tho
Duty station: Can Tho, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP to 31.12.2023
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of MCRP’s operation plan;
- Closely cooperate with the senior project officer responsible for urban resilience for the following:
- Establish a workplan to carry out pilot activities including sustainable urban drainage systems, urban drainage planning, nature-based solutions, sponge cities and pre-feasibly studies for urban infrastructure in the 13 provinces in the Mekong Delta;
- Establish a workplan to upscale project results in 13 provinces including tariff roadmaps for cost recovery of O&M for flood management and drainage systems, and regulations to implement Decree 80 on drainage and wastewater management.
- Provide regular technical advice on the implementation of MCRP‘s urban resilience and disaster risk management (DRM) activities to the 13 provinces. This will involve regular travel to the 13 provinces.
- Carry out Information sharing and advocacy to national level on the challenges and policy reforms for improving urban resilience
- Closely cooperate with the contracts and procurement officer responsible for implementing funding arrangements for pilot construction projects on urban resilience for the following:
- Establish a workplan for organizing technical and economic reports, tendering process, appraisal process and supervision of urban construction projects in the 13 provinces in the Mekong Delta;
- The selection and contracting of consultancy services to carry out assignments on urban resilience
- Support the implementation of GIZ financial management and acquital processes for construction projects.
- Identify opportunities to cooperate with the private sector in areas such as urban resilience, coastal and riverbank erosion and disaster risk management
- Maintain a consistent flow of communication and information sharing between members of MCRP’s regional coordination group
- Cooperate with experts from MCRP’s thematic groups to share experiences and establish collaboration on related issues
- University degree in urban development, urban flood protection, public administration in Vietnam, urban drainage planning with a focus on infrastructure planning and investment (BA or master’s degree)
- Extensive experience in Vietnam’s policy and regulatory framework for the state management of urban planning, urban management and development, and infrastructure investment
- Experience in the Vietnam government’s processes including the tendering process for urban construction projects, the appraisal process and supervision of construction
- Experience in Vietnam’s financial management and acquittal systems for urban construction projects
- Experience in working with provincial level government in the Mekong Delta
- At least 5-7 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Willingness to regularly travel to the 13 provinces in the Mekong Delta
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English (download form by going to http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6) copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 31st December 2020.
Note: Please state “Application for the Project Officer based in Can Tho – MCRP” in the subject line or on the envelope:
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS