As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in four priority areas:
- 1) Vocational training;
- 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use;
- 3) Energy;
- 4) Sustainable Economic Development. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy.
Within the Sustainable Economic Development priority area, GIZ supports Viet Nam in fostering a greener, inclusive and digital economic growth. We focus on three key areas: Economic policy and Legal advice, Sustainable Finance and Digital/Private Sector Development.
Within the context of Regional Economic Integration in ASEAN, GIZ is implementing two projects to promote competition policy and consumer protection, as the foundation for fairer markets in ASEAN that benefit both businesses and consumers. The aforementioned projects combine support to regional dialogue with specific assistance in selected ASEAN Member States. In Viet Nam, activities are aimed at countering anti-competitive and unethical business conduct, particularly in light of new issues for online and cross-border trade. In cooperation with the newly reorganized Viet Nam Competition Commission (VCC), the projects are engaged in educating the business community and consumers about their respective rights and responsibilities.
In this context, we are looking for a local qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (COMPETE II and PROTECT II Projects)
- Location: Hanoi
- Duration: ASAP until 31.08.2025
- Support the team leader for ASEAN Economic Integration (REI) projects in conceptualizing and implementing all country-level activities on competition policy and consumer protection in Viet Nam
- Assist the team leader in reporting the progress of the projects at the country and regional levels, in line with the broader objectives of the projects as well as ASEAN priorities
- Coordinate with other projects, partner institutions and networks in Viet Nam and the ASEAN region in order to facilitate cooperation and mutual learning.
- Contribute to project-related knowledge management and documentation, including compilation of good practices, preparation of communication materials, tracking of partner contributions, results-based monitoring etc.
- Act as liaison for main project partners, notably the VCC
- University degree in international development, law, economics or comparable qualification
- At least 5 years of working experience in the development sector, think tank or public administration, e.g. in projects delivering economic policy advice
- Strong analytical, reporting, and networking skills, including ability to work with multiple stakeholders from the public and private sectors, as well as civil society
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team, and willingness to undertake both technical and logistical tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of key issues related to competition policy and consumer protection an asset
- Excellent written and spoken communications in English and Vietnamese
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 31st March 2023.
Note: Please state “Application for the Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTUREKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Finance Intern (CRS)Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
SDGs Intern (MSD)MSD
Associate/Senior Associate (IIX)IIX
Community Officer/Accountant (Live&Learn)Live&Learn
Nhân viên dự án (World Share)TỔ CHỨC WORLD SHARE CORPORATION
Consultant (SNV)SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Communication Executive & Researcher (Inno Community Development Organisation)Inno Community Development Organization
Executive Assistant / Translator (Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Ho Chi Minh City)Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore
Admin & Logistics Volunteer (CARE International in Vietnam)CARE International in Vietnam (CVN)
All year round