- Organisation Name: GIZ
Duty station: Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Minimum Experience: Experienced
- Duration: ASAP - 30.08.2025
- Application Deadline: Thu, 2023-11-30
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas:1)Vocational training;2)Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use;3)Energy and 4) Sustainable Economic Development. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy.For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.The priority area “Climate Change and Environment“ is covered by the “GIZ Green Cluster”. The Green Cluster currently comprises a total of four teams in the thematic areas of climate policy, coast and water, agriculture, as well as biodiversity and forests. The thematic area “biodiversity and forests” covers forest and biodiversity conservation, timber legality, forestry and timber production, One Health as well as crosscutting issues such as gender equality, digitalization, climate change, good governance, etc. The projects are financed by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with counter-part funds from the Vietnamese Government. Projects are jointly implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and responsible units under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD).
The newly emerging topic of the European Union Regulation on Deforestation-free Products (EUDR) will affect most companies importing EUDR-regulated products into the EU – which will impact operators in Vietnam to provide necessary information to support the due diligence statements of importers in the EU. GIZ is working with the EU delegation in Vietnam to develop and organise communication measures around the EUDR for various stakeholders in Vietnam.
- Coordination of overall EUDR project implementation under the supervision of the project director
- Provides technical advice on communication of EUDR to EUD and other relevant stakeholders
- Monitoring of activities and organisation of knowledge management
- Management of consultancy services
- Regular and systematic operational planning and follow up of implementation
- Coordination of communication activities in coordination with the communication’s coordinator
- Updating of all knowledge management platforms
- Master’s degree in development studies, natural resources, forestry, economics or similar
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in different aspects of project management, incl. planning, supervision of consultants, knowledge management and reporting;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in international and technical development cooperation related the natural resource sector;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with Government institutions related to monitoring and knowledge management in the forestry or natural resource sector
- Sound understanding of the Vietnamese context related to the forests, natural resources and biodiversity sector
- Excellent digital literacy including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to work with digital tools such as MS teams for day-to-day work
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a structured way
- Motivation to work in a self-organized way and working autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, cooperatively and support other team members, show initiative when required
- Ability to manage multiple demands and prioritise tasks, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other duties and work irregular hours when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and show respect for colleagues
GIZ is committed to create an appreciative work environment, irrespective of age, ethnic background and nationality, gender and gender identity, physical and mental abilities, religion and worldview, sexual orientation and social background. We ensure human resource processes live up to the diverse competencies and talents of all employees, as well as satisfy our performance expectations.What we can offer to the successful candidates:
- Good working environment
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages, including the additional health insurance and the 24-hours accident insurance.
- And good policy on training and development
- Policy on flexible working time
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 30th November 2023.Note: Please state “Application for the Project Officer on the EU deforestation-free regulation” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page GIZ Viet Nam – Career Opportunities at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html to download the GIZ Application Form.GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự