As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Vietnam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency.
Since 2013, energy has been one of three strategic cooperation areas between Vietnam and Germany. Within the GIZ Energy Support Programme, the new Commercial and Industrial Rooftop Solar (CIRTS) Project supports the Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT), its Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority (EREA), and the Vietnam Electricity Group (EVN) to improve the preconditions for the development of the commercial and industrial rooftop solar market. The CIRTS project has three main action areas: i) Legal and Regulatory Framework; ii) Capacity Development; and iii) Technology Cooperation. On all three levels, the human and institutional competences of relevant partner organizations will be strengthened.
The CIRTS Project is looking for a qualified local project officer (PO) specialized in supporting the capacity development of institutions and individuals relevant to renewable energy development, including rooftop solar. The PO will support the CIRTS Project for the Action Area Capacity Development, but might also support activities within the other Action Areas and will contribute to the achievement of the overall project implementation.
The CIRTS Project requires a qualified local professional for the following position:
Rooftop Solar (Capacity Development)
Duty station: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Duration: 03 years contract starting by Sept. 2021, with the possibility of extension
- Implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the Action Area “Capacity Development" and possibly others of the CIRTS project;
- Liaise, coordinate and network with key stakeholders in the renewable energy sector, specifically in the rooftop solar sub-sector;
- Develop and implement creative approaches to strengthen the capacities of key stakeholders and stimulate innovation in the market (e.g. “hackathons” or design contests, digital exchange platforms, etc.);
- Technical support and review of project activities and studies, including grid impact analyses, potential studies, etc.;
- Facilitate practical approaches for the demonstration of technology solutions appropriate for the Vietnamese commercial and industrial solar development context;
- Develop terms of reference, facilitate the selection and contract preparation for institutions/companies that carry out short-term assignments;
- Support the regular monitoring and reporting on the progress of relevant project activities;
- Support in maintaining quality assurance throughout the project cycle for a wide range of different activities (pilot projects, capacity building, policy advice, reports, studies, etc.);
- Ensure and maintain close and effective cooperation among international and national experts, the project team and partners;
- Co-organize relevant workshops, trainings and study tours as needed; and
- Support project management and communications team as needed.
- Master’s degree in Energy, Economics, Business or related fields;
- 5 years of professional working experience in the renewable energy sector, with 2 years dealing directly with capacity development, stakeholder engagement, or dialogue facilitation in the renewable energy sector;
- 2 years of experience in an international project setting, preferably experience with ODA;
- Experience successfully designing and delivering activities supporting political partners and other key stakeholders in politically sensitive contexts;
- Experience and good understanding of the Vietnamese legal and regulatory framework related to the power sector, power system operation, tariff regulation, and renewable energy;
- Understanding of EVN and its relevant companies (NPT, NLDC, Power Companies, etc.);
- Experience working in or with private sector (e.g. solar project developers, energy service providers, EPC firms, investment companies, etc.) is an asset;
- Experience directly with solar PV projects is an asset;
- Experience in procuring and managing international and national expert consultants;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English;
- Excellent organizational skills, paying attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, manage deadlines autonomously and self-motivate;
- Interest and ability to quickly master complex and unfamiliar subjects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, interacting with all levels of staff in a professional manner; and
- Willingness to travel, both within Viet Nam (including regular trips to Hanoi) and possibly abroad.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 18th July 2021.
Note: Please state in the subject line or on the envelope the following: “Application for the Project Officer – Rooftop Solar for CIRTS (HCMC)”
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged. Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation