As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Vietnam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency.
Since 2013, energy has been one of three strategic cooperation areas between Vietnam and Germany. Within the GIZ Energy Support Programme, the new Commercial and Industrial Rooftop Solar (CIRTS) Project supports the Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT), its Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority (EREA), and the Vietnam Electricity Group (EVN) to improve the preconditions for the development of the commercial and industrial rooftop solar market. The CIRTS project has three main action areas: i) Legal and Regulatory Framework; ii) Capacity Development; and iii) Technology Cooperation. On all three levels, the human and institutional competences of relevant partner organizations will be strengthened.
The CIRTS Project is looking for a qualified local project officer (PO) specialized in technologies relevant to rooftop solar. The PO will support the CIRTS Project for the Action Area Technology Cooperation, but might also support activities within the other Action Areas and will contribute to the achievement of the overall project implementation. The CIRTS Project expects to start implementation by 1st February 2021.
The CIRTS Project requires a qualified local professional for the following position:
Project Officer - Rooftop Solar (Technology Cooperation) Duty station: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Duration: 02 years contract starting ASAP with the possibility of extension
- Implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the Action Area “Technology Cooperation" and possibly others of the CIRTS project;
- Liaise, coordinate and network with key stakeholders in the renewable energy sector, specifically in the rooftop solar sub-sector;
- Develop and implement creative approaches to strengthen the capacities of key stakeholders and stimulate innovation in the market (e.g. “hackathons” or design contests, digital exchange platforms, etc.);
- Technical support and review of project activities and studies, including grid impact analyses, potential studies, etc.;
- Facilitate practical approaches for the demonstration of technology solutions appropriate for the Vietnamese commercial and industrial solar development context;
- Develop terms of reference, facilitate the selection and contract preparation for institutions/companies that carry out short-term assignments;
- Support the regular monitoring and reporting on the progress of relevant project activities;
- Support in maintaining quality assurance throughout the project cycle for a wide range of different activities (pilot projects, capacity building, policy advice, reports, studies, etc.);
- Ensure and maintain close and effective cooperation among international and national experts, the project team and partners; and
- Co-organize relevant workshops, trainings and study tours as needed.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, (Energy) Economics or a related field;
- 5 years of professional working experience in the renewable energy sector, with at least 2 years dealing directly with rooftop solar issues;
- Experience working in or with private sector (e.g. utilities, solar project developers, energy service providers, EPC firms) and an understanding of EVN and its relevant companies (NPT, NLDC, Power Companies, etc.);
- Experience in an international project setting, preferably experience with ODA;
- Experience and good understanding of the Vietnamese legal and regulatory framework related to the power sector, power system operation, tariff regulation, and renewable energy;
- Experience directly with solar PV system design, installation, or maintenance is an asset;
- Experience in managing international and national consultants;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English;
- Excellent organizational skills, paying attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, manage deadlines autonomously and self-motivate;
- Interest and ability to quickly master complex and unfamiliar subjects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, interacting with all levels of staff in a professional manner; and
- Willingness to travel on short trips, both within Viet Nam (including regular trips to Hanoi) and possibly abroad.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 11th December 2020.
Note: Please state in the subject line or on the envelope the following: “Application for the Project Officer – Rooftop Solar for CIRTS”
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy