Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Project Officer
- Location: Hai Phong
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Program Planning and Implementation
- Participate in Country Annual Planning and gather necessary information
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan
- Revise the Detailed Implementation Plan as necessary during the project implementation
- Provide support and supervision to relevant partners to ensure quality, participatory, effective, efficient and cost-sensitive planning, implementation, monitoring/reviewing, reporting and evaluation processes of the project activities in the project areas, with and by partners
- Take part in the adaptation of SC’s ELM and LB training package and training for teachers/facilitators as well as parents/caregivers for the project.
- Provide technical support to teachers and parents to apply the ELM and LB approach in schools as well as at home in An Duong district, Hai Phong city.
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of SC project materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation
- Provide inputs for communication materials development
- Work closely with the project team and relevant local partners to create and pilot innovative and effective models or approaches that can extensively replicated at provincial, regional, and national scope
- Support local partners to conduct advocacy effort promote the use of Emergent Literacy and Math Skills (ELM) in Early Childhood Development Program and Literacy Boost in Basic Education program at different levels.
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related things
- Contribute to the ECD program development effort by collecting data, information and providing inputs to proposal development.
2. Finance Management and Budget control
- Main responsible for sub-grants management of Quang Binh DOET. Monitor partners’ budget, burn rate, and advise Project Manager of any anticipated problems
- Comply SCI and donor requirements on expenditures and provide support to partners on compliance
- Prepare monthly cash projection, advance requests and expense claim
3. Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and capacity building
- Assist in developing needs assessment tools, designing training modules, and conducting training as necessary
- Monitor project activities conducted by partners to ensure project activities implemented as per work-plan
- Collect and submit monthly reports that compile the numbers trained and numbers reached in each project sites, achievements, challenges and lessons learned.
- Participate in, support and prepare logistics for research, surveys and other monitoring and/or evaluation activities in all project sites as needed.
- Propose solutions to address assessed needs and adjust implementation approaches to attain or maintain the highest quality based on assessment and ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide input into reports as requested by the Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Interview teachers, ethnic minority parents and children to prepare stories and/or activity reports and photos to show progress, lessons and challenges on a quarterly basis.
- Build local partner capacity by planning and coordinating the implementation of project activities, identifying training needs, developing training plans and providing training to develop needed capacity
- Meet with local partners, Core teachers/facilitators, Core Parents Educators a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation
- Ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested by Project Manager.
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields
- Bachelor’s degree in community develop, social work, environment or related field
- Experience in education programs for deprived children is desired.
- Willing to frequent travel
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in the in-charge project location.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Good knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
All application packages must be submitted via https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=190004WK&tz=G...
The closing date for application is 5pm on 20 December 2019. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF