Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Project Officer
- Location: Can Tho/Tien Giang/HCMC
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but not limited. Other duties that are in line with relevant skills, experience and role may be assigned by Line Manager and SMT’s members.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Program Planning and Implementation
- Participate in Country Annual Planning and gather necessary information;
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan;
- Revise the Detailed Implementation Plan as necessary during the project implementation;
- Provide support and supervision to relevant partners to ensure quality, participatory, effective, efficient and cost-sensitive planning, implementation, monitoring/reviewing, reporting and evaluation processes of the project activities in the project areas, with and by partners;
- Take part in the adaptation of SC’s ELM and LB training package and training for teachers/facilitators as well as parents/caregivers for the project;
- Provide technical support to teachers and parents to apply the ELM and LB approach in schools as well as at home in Thanh Binh District, Dong Thap province;
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of SC project materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials;
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation;
- Provide inputs for communication materials development;
- Work closely with the project team and relevant local partners to create and pilot innovative and effective models or approaches that can extensively replicated at provincial, regional, and national scope;
- Support local partners to conduct advocacy effort promote the use of Emergent Literacy and Math Skills (ELM) in Early Childhood Development Program and Literacy Boost in Basic Education program at different levels;
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related things;
- Contribute to the ECD program development effort by collecting data, information and providing inputs to proposal development.
2. Finance Management and Budget control
- Main responsible for sub-grants management of Quang Binh DOET. Monitor partners’ budget, burn rate, and advise Project Manager of any anticipated problems;
- Comply SCI and donor requirements on expenditures and provide support to partners on compliance;
- Prepare monthly cash projection, advance requests and expense claim.
3. Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and capacity building
- Assist in developing needs assessment tools, designing training modules, and conducting training as necessary;
- Monitor project activities conducted by partners to ensure project activities implemented as per work-plan;
- Collect and submit monthly reports that compile the numbers trained and numbers reached in each project sites, achievements, challenges and lessons learned;
- Participate in, support and prepare logistics for research, surveys and other monitoring and/or evaluation activities in all project sites as needed;
- Propose solutions to address assessed needs and adjust implementation approaches to attain or maintain the highest quality based on assessment and ongoing monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide input into reports as requested by the Project Manager in a timely manner;
- Interview teachers, ethnic minority parents and children to prepare stories and/or activity reports and photos to show progress, lessons and challenges on a quarterly basis;
- Build local partner capacity by planning and coordinating the implementation of project activities, identifying training needs, developing training plans and providing training to develop needed capacity.
- Meet with local partners, Core teachers/facilitators, Core Parents Educators a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation;
- Maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation;
- Ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities;
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested by Project Manager;
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields;
- Bachelor’s degree in community develop, social work, environment or related field;
- Experience in education programs for deprived children is desired;
- Willing to frequent travel;
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in the in-charge project location;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Good knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring;
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
All application packages must be submitted via https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=190004WH&tz=G...
The closing date for application is 5pm on 20 December 2019. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Post date: 03/08/2021Animal Asia UNDP
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children