- Organisation Name: WVI
- Location: Hanoi
- Application Deadline: 12/12/2023
Work Context:World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, Dak Nong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.The International Organization for Migration and World Vision Vietnam (WVV) continue the joint provision of return and reintegration assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking under the Reintegration Component of the Project “Tackling Modern Slavery from Viet Nam” (here after referred to as “the project”) from September 2022 to March 2025. The project aims to support the Government’s efforts to prevent and protect Vietnamese migrants and their communities from entering human trafficking and modern slavery. The project is funded by the United Kingdom’s Home Office.
Under the Reintegration component, IOM in collaboration with World Vision Vietnam provides direct support and reintegration assistance to migrants in vulnerable situations generally and victims of human trafficking specifically in Viet Nam who are either officially identified by the government or identified through screening process in compliance with IOM and WVV guidelines and standards. The direct support and reintegration assistance will benefit both individuals and their families to rebuild their lives and improve their social, economic and psychological well-being. Implementing Partner will follow IOM’s integrated approach for reintegration assistance and provide support in terms of economic, social and psycho-social dimensions.
Purpose of position:To assist the Project Manager in achieving the goal, outcomes, and outputs of TMSV project design document and its logical framework for IMPACT AREA 3: Supporting victims of trafficking through increased economic, including but not limited to the Income-generating activities,
Business development, Vocational training as in economic dimension for reintegration of VoTs (Victims of Trafficking)/ PVoTs (Potential Victims of Trafficking) within the target provinces.
Major Responsibility1. PLANNING (20%)
- Provide assistant to the Project Manager to develop Action Plan at grassroots levels, ensuring the integration between economic dimension and the other project dimensions.
- Identify problems and alternative solutions as well as opportunities for partnership by participating in community needs assessments including stakeholder analysis and situation analysis in collaboration with other AP team members.
- Identify potential stakeholders and resources for partnerships/ project implementation in the target locations.
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager and local partners in project design, implementation, monitoring and reflection, and contribute to project assessment, final evaluation, or other social surveys
- Assist partners in selecting target beneficiaries, identifying their need, and designing supporting package for their economic development.
- Provide beneficiaries with supporting packages.
- Meet with volunteers, caseworkers and Project Management Boards (PMB) for reflection and case management review are organized monthly or when needed.
- Establish partnership with appropriate stakeholders
- Monitor project activities at the field level to ensure the project goal and outcomes are achieved
- Gather and document information of project activities regularly.
- Act as a contact person of the project for routine issues concerning anti-trafficking project
- Attend reflection meetings at project site and anti-trafficking meetings at national level
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager and local partners in project design, implementation, monitoring and reflection
- Implement project activities in integration with the other project components
- Develop project reports in good quality and delivered on time
- Ensure anti-trafficking related document at field for references
- Follow strictly WVV finance and donor’s procedures and guidelines
- Contribute to project assessment, final evaluation, or other social surveys.
- Train volunteers and caseworkers on facilitation and program skills.
- Work with consultants to provide capacity building and follow-up for local partners on supporting victims
- Provide assistance to capacity building for caseworkers and government counterparts who will carry out child protection activities at grassroots levels.
- Contribute to document project good practices, lesson learnt and MSCs and other documentations upon request.
- Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager to contribute to the team performance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Education
- A university degree in Economic/Agriculture/Social Science, or a related field.
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Community mobilization skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Case management skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing and reading skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in livelihood development
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.
- Vietnamese: Fully Fluent
- English: Intermediate
How to applyPlease apply via this link: WVV Project Officer in Hanoi - Tackling Modern Slavery from Viet Nam
Our contact details are:People and Culture Department World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.Tel: 024. 39439920
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender. A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
KOTO-Know One Teach One