Project SME Coordinator – IDH Vietnam
1. Background – IDH
IDH Sustainable Trade Initiatives (“IDH”) accelerate s and upscales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society, governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes. IDH convenes the interests, strength, and knowledge of public and private partners in sustainability commodity programs that aim to mainstream international and domestic commodity markets. We jointly formulate strategic interventions with public and private partners, and we co-invest with partners in activities that generate public goods.
IDH is coordinating the implementation of the project of “Scaling sustainable production and trade of Vietnamese pepper” funded by EU and IDH in the Central Highlands region in Vietnam. A SME coordinator is recruited to work in a team to deliver the project activities. He/she will be responsible of supporting the implemention of project activities at field level in assigned provinces of central highland regions, providing strategic advice and management support. The role entails intensive engagement with the project partners and stakeholders. The SME Coordinator is expected to work closely with Spices and ISLA team in the Central Highland region, as well as with the Vietnamese Pepper Association (VPA), and perform the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Develop activities, projects and provide strategic advice, focussed on the engagement of the pepper private actors in Vietnam,
- Work closely with VPA to explore oppotunities and develop activities/initiatives to support and address the issues of the pepper sector
- Facilitate and ensure the effective engagement and participation of companies in project activities
- Coordinate and undertake activities/events organized as specified in the project plan in collaboration with SMEs
- Support to organize meeting (content and logistics) with SMEs
- Facilitate/organize trade promotion events
- Work as team member to ensure the implementation of activities with partners at field level
- Regular report and update to the Program Manager;
- Draft progress reports and thematic reports if required;
- Act as focal point for regular communication and work with pepper SMEs and VPA Mobilize support, investment and buy-in from public and private partners in pepper value chain, national and local governments and etc
- Contribute to the development of communication materials/publications for the project
- Provide input to proposal development
- Be responsible of regular communication with related stakeholders for the project plans and progress.
Monitoring & evaluation:
- Input for the project M&E system
Who you are
You are a project coordinator experienced in working with private sector in the area of sustainable agriculture. You combine technical knowledge with facilitation and negotiation skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. You have a solid understanding of the (environmental) sustainability issues in agricultural supply chains, especially on pepper and/or coffee in the Central Highlands region. You are a motivated and good communicator, capable to engage companies to reach shared project goals.
What you bring
The project SME coordinator is based in central highland with frequent travel to other location, will work in full – time manner under the personnel management of the Spices Program Manager Connection to key international and Vietnam stakeholders and experience in building innovative alliances between them.
- Passion for, knowledge of and experience in the field of sustainability
- Experience in working with private sector, preferrable in the pepper sector, and agricultural sector in general in Vietnam
- At least Bachelor’s degree in trade, economics, agriculture or relevant
- Knowledge of agronomy (preferably on pepper)
- Spoken and written communication skills in Vietnamese (native) and English (fluent).
- Willingness to travel extensively to the Central Highlands area.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on living incomes, living wages, working conditions, climate change and gender. IDH is a foundation that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
This position relates to the Spices Program in Vietnam:
- The IDH Spices program aims at improving efficiency of the pepper and cassia value chain and the quality of service delivery to farmers for sustainable production. The pepper and cassia commodities under the Spices Program is fully aligned to create larger impact at scale.
- Under the IDH Spices Program, the EU/IDH funded project of “Scaling sustainable production and trade of Vietnamese pepper” aims at supporting SMEs in pepper and strengthen all actors in the supply chain in the context of EVFTA.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time for 1 year contract with possible extension. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits. The position based in Dak Lak province, Vietnam.
Compensation will depend on an agreed work plan.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by the 1st March 2021.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Arthur van Schendelstraat 500,
3511 MH Utrecht
P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands
IDH Vietnam Office
Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound
No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
+84 (0) 243 200 0741
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/03/2021USAID Wildlife Asia
11/03/2021Đại sứ quán Hàn quốc
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
07/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
01/05/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
All year roundWorld Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông vì sự phát triển bền vững (CSD)
31/03/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact