- Using technical expertise and operational leadership to effectively deliver the PF Global Future Cities programme in the Ho Chi Minh cities identified. Provide technical knowledge, urban planning and infrastructure development expertise alongside delivery partners to maximise high-quality implementation and outcomes of the programme.
- Build wide stakeholder networks in the Ho Chi Minh City (for Future Cities) and Vietnam and in the UK to enable programme implementation and ensure that the programme is de-conflicted with other UK Government programmes and similar development work in the country. This involves close coordination Global Infrastructure Programme lead in Hanoi and Programme managers in global and regional networks to drive consistency, deliver efficiencies and increase impact through realisation of synergies.
- Plan and implement workshops and other activities, including with government and wider stakeholders to achieve specific programme outcomes and influence sustainable and inclusive infrastructure development in the Vietnam.
- Facilitate delivery activities, e.g. inward visits by technical advisors and government engagement, and provide reporting of these activities to concerned stakeholders.
- Conduct analysis and research on relevant policy developments in the Future Cities space, using this knowledge to shape programme delivery, e.g. analysis of UK priorities and local context and policy shifts.
- Act as representative for the PF Global Future Cities programme to the Ho Chi Minh City working collaboratively with delivery partner(s) and government officials to identify capability gaps, develop technical assistance and then contributing towards implementation of these capacity and capability building activities.
- Take lead on UK government’s infrastructure policy in Vietnam and work closely with Global Infrastructure programme lead in Vietnam to increase the synergy between two programmes. This includes reflecting Vietnam government interests to HMG officers within the British Embassy in Hanoi and British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh city and to relevant HMG officers in the region and in London. Understand the broader UK offer and ensure effective communication of these goals with key stakeholders.
- Support partnerships between relevant international organisations and local stakeholders/implementers to drive the development of the programme.
- Support a cohesive set of British Embassy in Hanoi and British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh city objectives under the Country Business Plan by working closely with the Head of Prosperity Fund and policy, programme and commercial colleagues at Post ensure fully coordinated implementation with the other parts of the prosperity programme, relevant to wider British Embassy in Hanoi and British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh city diplomatic work.
- Collaborate with Department of International Trade colleagues and other relevant cross-government stakeholders in the region and in London to unlock opportunities for increased inward trade and investment, particularly for UK firms, and track UK response to the opportunities.
- Manage successful roll out of externally procured contractors with international consultancy. Ensure good value for money and monitor implementer compliance (e.g. SLAs). The role will provide strong management of implementing partners ensuring they are performing well, finances are correctly administered and the programme’s benefits are realised. This will include ensuring the programme continues to offer value for money and are well-managed throughout the various delivery stages.
- Ensure that programme activity is run effectively, working alongside delivery partners to ensure key milestones are met and that risks are mitigated appropriately. Feed-into centralised reporting systems, including internal programme reporting, both to wider HMG and into the PF Monitoring and Reporting platform.
- Support the process of quality assurance, approval of programme outputs.
- Provide specialist technical advice to the programme team, including on Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and Learning (MREL), working with the programme team to monitor and evaluate programme effectiveness.
- Maintain a strong network with programmes colleagues in the UK and other partner countries, adapting the programme on the basis of lessons learnt and opportunities arising from potential synergies with other country programmes. (This may involve international and regional travel).
- Deploy British Embassy in Hanoi and British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh city’s diplomatic levers to support the programme’s primary aim of reducing poverty and deepen the Embassy’s engagement in the infrastructure sector, closely coordinating with Post programme, policy and commercial colleagues.
- Increase visibility of the programme through effectively planning and implementing comms strategies.
- Ensure the programme complies with the International Development Act, including the International Development (Gender Equality) Act 2014; meets the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC)’s criteria; is untied; meets UK government transparency commitments on ODA spend; and complies with UK Government audit requirements.
- Support the Prosperity Fund’s policy and guidance on gender equality, women’s economic empowerment and inclusive growth.
- Graduate with a university degree relevant to the job and at least 5 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Experience of delivering complex programmes
- Experience of managing delivery partners
- Understanding of ODA/International development
- Demonstrate expertise in relevant areas like urbanisation, infrastructure planning and city development.
- At least 3 years’ experience in programme management ideally in a development context.
- A flexible and creative problem-solver, able to come up with innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including in giving presentations to external audiences, including senior stakeholders.
- Team player driven by values.
- Additional technical qualifications relating to future cities or programme management
- Regional knowledge and network with relevant stakeholders
- Experience of dealing with governments
- Experience of working with international delivery partners and governments
- Experience/knowledge of UK ODA programmes
- Working in a diplomatic mission;
- Understanding how UK international development assistance is managed / implemented;
- Understanding effective programme management; and
- Application of gender priorities to infrastructure projects.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy