Protected Area Management Advisor, Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation Activity
Winrock is seeking for a Protected Area Management Advisor for the anticipated Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation activity. This position will be based in Vietnam. The anticipated project will improve the conservation of biodiversity and management of natural resources and critical ecosystems at key sites.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with additional information on the positions available. These positions do not include expat benefits and require the candidate to be eligible to work in Vietnam without sponsorship from Winrock. Donor-funded project experience required.
Positions are contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Lead the Protected Area component of the project
- Develop and implement management systems for the Protected Areas (PA)
- Coordinate project activities and budget across the PA landscape, ensuring synergy and continuity
- Strong focus on capacity building and mentoring of Winrock, government and partner staff
- With monitoring and evaluation team, ensure quality delivery and assessment of outputs against actual outcomes and contribute to monitoring performance indicators
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in conservation, natural resource management, wildlife management, or similar
- 5 years practical experience as Manager or Technical Advisor working on issues related to large scale protected areas in Vietnam
- Extensive experience in the management of community-based conservation projects, development of forums and development and maintenance of cooperation agreements
- Excellent knowledge around key conservation activities such as conservation law enforcement, monitoring, baseline ecological data collection, montoring, and management, fire management, etc.
- Proven understanding of issues in protected area management and working knowledge of policy/institutional context in protected area management in Vietnam
- Proficiency in the use of data management systems for protected areas (especially spatial data software such as GIS)
- Report writing and data analysis
- Coaching and capacity building/development
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and local languages
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the right qualifications and motivation are invited to apply for the above position no later than March 5, 2020 at the following link:Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS