Position: Provincial Community Forestry Coordinators, seven vacancies
Project: USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project
Location: In one of seven Viet Nam provinces: Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri, Quang Nam
Application deadline: 30 May 2021
At RECOFTC, we believe in a future where people live equitably and sustainably in and beside healthy, resilient forests. We take a long-term, landscape-based and inclusive approach to supporting local communities to secure their land and resource rights, stop deforestation, find alternative livelihoods and foster gender equity. We are the only non-profit organization of our kind in Asia and the Pacific. We have more than 30 years of experience working with people and forests, and have built trusting relationships with partners at all levels. Our influence and partnerships extend from multilateral institutions to governments, private sector and local communities. Our innovations, knowledge and initiatives enable countries to foster good forest governance, mitigate and adapt to climate change, and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project (the Project) will work with the Government of Viet Nam to reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests and poor plantation management. The Project will implement a “Green Prosperity” and circular economy approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth.
The Project will work in seven provinces and focus on five objectives:
- Strengthening community forest management
- Promoting conservation-friendly enterprises
- Improving law enforcement to tackle environmental crimes
- Enhancing the management of production forests
- Mobilizing domestic resources
RECOFTC is inviting candidates to apply for one of seven full-time positions as Provincial Community Forestry Coordinator. The successful candidates will take up posts in one of the seven project provinces: Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri and Quang Nam. The contract is for 24 months with a possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance until the close of the project.
Specific tasks and duties
The Provincial Community Forestry Coordinator will be directly supervised by a Provincial Project Manager (PPM) and technically overseen by the Community Forestry Management Director. Specific tasks and duties include:
- Gathering and providing data for designing community forestry interventions in the province
- Liaising with provincial stakeholders on community forestry management related works
- Be responsible to coordinate, facilitate, deliver community forestry interventions in the province
- Supporting for planning, reporting, monitoring & evaluation data collection and evidences, lessons learned documentation and sharing of community forestry interventions in the province
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Provincial Project Manager and Community Forestry Management Director
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or in relevant areas required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- At least seven years of experience in the forestry, community forestry or development, preferably with a focus on sustainable community forestry management planning and implementation in Viet Nam
- Knowledge of community forestry management progress in Vietnam
- Understanding of business planning for community forestry management models, conservation friendly enterprises, value chains and public private partnerships and development for timber, non-timber forest products, and payments for forest environmental services
- Good networking and communication skills
- Fluent Vietnamese. Ability to work in English is an asset.
- Vietnamese nationals only
RECOFTC’s core values
At RECOFTC, our core values are the foundation of our culture and guide all our work. In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics, attitudes and skills:
- Embrace innovation
- Adapt to, and learn from, challenges
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Nurture commitment, responsibility and ownership
- Prioritize sustainability
- Cultivate participation, social inclusion and gender equity
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary requirements and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote in the subject line of the email the position title, followed by the name of the province of interest. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC has a competitive compensation package. Offers are based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org
Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by RECOFTC’s values and code of conduct. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that qualified disabled applicants can partake in the application process. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please inform RECOFTC’s Human Resources in writing of any special needs at the time of application.
RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank